Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ID my new dog  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
ID my new dog
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:09:47 pm »
this is Bo.  he's very  nice.  good house manners.  doesn't eat cats  :-).  i have a guess as to what most of Bo is, but what do you think??

http://picasaweb.google.com/pearce.km/Bo

more pics in album above.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: ID my new dog
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:57:01 pm »
He's gorgeous, do I detect some border collie in him?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:13:10 pm »
i think so, and maybe lab?  my son in CA took him from a neighbor who was going to drop him at the shelter.  seems Bo got very concerned every time the new baby cried and tried to jump in the crib.  :-)  no danger of that happening here!

he is such a nice dog, but needed the room to run for sure.  we are his 4th home and he's only 2.  we have only had him 2 weeks, but i can find no fault with him.  he just has a lot of energy.  he's good company for my border collie.  she's been lonely since her old companion died.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:04:02 pm »
Yes, I see lab in there, too.  Two great breeds!  Good for you guys.  And good for your older border collie, I'm happy she's found a friend.  :)  I'd love to live somewhere where I could have a b.c., not on this road, though.  Maybe if I ever do get my retirement farm.....

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:51:15 pm »
Lab is my guess. If you really want to know there is a place that will compare your dogs DNA against all AKC breeds for identification. I think its called dog genome inc. Cost about $55 two yrs ago. I'm sure you could google.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:22 pm »
i like mutts and i don't really care what is in them.  sometimes it's nice to have an idea since breed can influence behavior, but other than that, i'll save the money for dog food  :-)

Offline super dave

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:31:32 pm »
i'm going to guess it is part white and part black- he looks like a fun dog to run with
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:48:32 pm »
My first guess..Border Collie :)

anything