Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2562 times)

Offline AGM

• New Bee
Hello
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:53:28 pm »
Hello all. I had a grandfather that was a beekeeper, and at 5 years old I can remember going with him to his yard and being fascinated by it. We moved away a couple of years later and he passed away a soon after. 40 years later I am at a point were I can start the hobby for myself. I do not have any bees yet but have been buying/building equipment and attending local association meetings. Oh yeah and reading to the point I think my head will explode. I would like to thank all of you for the time you put in this forum to share your knowledge and help out us new folks.

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 06:22:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum this is a great place to gain knowledge and make friends

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:48:26 pm »
hello and welcome AGM
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here will help answer your question, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:24:19 am »
AGM, welcome to our forum.  When I hear of all the people that have been inspired by their Grandparents, Uncles, and so on, to keep bees, it brings a smile to my face.  It would also bring a smile to their face, to know that those little children that accompanied them to their special place with their bees, have had that spell of those honeybees cast, that sometimes many, many years later, their influence has brought their progeny to keep bees.  That is a cool and wonderful thing, I just had to say that.  When you get your bees, you will reflect back to those days that you were fascinated watching your Grandfather's bees, and you will be so excited to be back with them, (and I don't doubt for a moment, that your Grandfather will be watching you too, smiling).  Stick around, you will have stories, tales and experiences to tell us, we are an interested group of people, and love to listen.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:24:32 am »
Welcome to the forums, your grandfather is proud of you!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything