Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I think I got a good deal today  (Read 2648 times)

Offline firetool

• House Bee
I think I got a good deal today
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:22:48 pm »
I got a Dadant  hand crank 2/4 extractor( lightly used) , a electric hand held uncapper knife, 6 hive bodies, six supers, lots of frames, bee suit, two veils,two sets of gloves, smoker,frame lifter and four books. All for 250. Did I do ok.
 I all so got anouther swarm of bees today.My father inlaw works for the power company. He called me this morning and told me they had a swarm at their yard in town. It was a nice size swarm, about the size of a valley ball. They were very calm bees.

Brian

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:09:13 pm »
Sounds like you made out like a bandit to me.  Good on ya.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 11:38:44 pm »
Sounds good to me, you can never have to much bee equipment!!! :P
Ryan Horn

Offline bill

• House Bee
swarming
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 05:21:01 pm »
I also got a swarm yesterday. I t was very small. anyway the price is right rite. they were about the size of a softball, this is my first one. they must be swarming atound here. my friends hive swarmed and she got them before they left the area, put them in a hive but they absconded ther next day. she also hived a swarm last week and it absconded too. Mine is staying though but I had to aput a smaller entrance on my nuc that I just queened , cause the swarm bees were robbing them blind this morning. I waited till nightfall almost then I opened the box I ahad them in and sprayed them with sugar syrup so they couldnt go anywhere for a while.
billiet

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 05:25:15 pm »
I have read that you need to put a queen excluder under the hive to block the queen from going out the entrance.

I guess since swarms don't have any surplus of supplies they are going to go after all they can get.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/