Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Moots assignment for bud 5  (Read 2398 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Moots assignment for bud 5
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »
I'm bringing a nuc to the gathering that had a swarm occupy it while empty. ( no frames at all)

Since bud and jp and Shawee seem to have Larry set up on his cutout assignment I figured the next assignment should go to my first apprentice moot.
Plan b, I'm looking for an assignment for you too :evil:

Moot is assigned the task of doing this small cutout but it has a restriction!!  He is not allowed to destroy the nuc box!!

Figured that would make things just a bit more interesting :evil: : : :evil:
Plus the fact that he will need something to carry them home in means he can't bust up the box  :lau:

Moot. Be sure to bring at least 5 empty med frames.  Also bring a full 8 frame setup in case they won't fit back into the original nuc.

This will be good experience and great entertainment for all. Especially me!!! :lau: :lau: :lau:
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Moots assignment for bud 5
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:41 am »
Moots you may want to bring some good size rubber bands or string.  Cutting out of a nuc isn't to bad if you know thats what you are going to do.   Before I bought my hives from the estate, a guy gave me a nuc.  Told me I could have them and the nuc.  Never opened it till I got them home, nothing on the frames, they had comb on the walls.  You should have no problem Moots

Joe

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:41 am »
All that work and he don't even get to keep the bees?  LOL sounds like something a few other beekeepers around here would do but not because they are pokin' fun.   :evil:
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:00 am »
Bailey said for Moots to bring a full 8 frame box to take them home in.

Joe

Moots

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 03:28:03 am »
I'm bringing a nuc to the gathering that had a swarm occupy it while empty. ( no frames at all)

Since bud and jp and Shawee seem to have Larry set up on his cutout assignment I figured the next assignment should go to my first apprentice moot.

Moot is assigned the task of doing this small cutout but it has a restriction!!  He is not allowed to destroy the nuc box!!

Figured that would make things just a bit more interesting :evil: : : :evil:
Plus the fact that he will need something to carry them home in means he can't bust up the box  :lau:

Moot. Be sure to bring at least 5 empty med frames.  Also bring a full 8 frame setup in case they won't fit back into the original nuc.

This will be good experience and great entertainment for all. Especially me!!! :lau: :lau: :lau:
Bailey

:piano: X:X Thanks my friend  :) I willingly and with great excitement accept this challenge!  As a matter of fact, I'm thinking, "Not a problem, I got this under control!".....Which is probably the best indicator that I don't have a clue what I'm in for, or what I'm doing.  :? ...... LOL!  :-D

As if I wasn't already excited enough about Bud5 and experiencing enough sleepless nights posed by all the never ending questions and "to do's" brought on by my new addiction of being a Beek?.......Now I can add 3 weeks of sleepless nights dominated by how to crack this little safe of a bee assignment that's been scheduled for me.  :)

I CAN'T WAIT!  :hissyfit: I'll be ready and have a game plan in place.  I'm sure it'll be entertaining for everyone... :pop: :pop: :pop:

Bailey, you just make sure those gals show up and don't go and swarm on you before Bud5... :-D
Now....How you're suppose to do that, I haven't a clue.  :?  But I'm confident you can do it!  Think of that as your Bud5 assignment and challenge!  :-D

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:55 am »
moot we havent had a meet yet where something didnt hit the air. dont worry bout yo rubber bands we will furnish you wid all the rubber you gona need here.and we overloaded wid advisors and what makes it fun is they know what they advising, you just make sure yo biscit done enough to sop gravy . a lot o newbees think that  a lot of the stuff done here is bull, but you sop it all up cause you gona need it eventually.
to bee or not to bee

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:37:05 am »

Bailey

Listen guys! Last year I was the new guy in town, but we will be having a bunch of new guys and gals this year. I'm sure these fine people will jump at the chance to do cutouts. Cutouts are just not my thing! I have no desire to do them, although I do enjoy watching others do them. We don't even own a truck and you can't do them without one.

At home here, June and I wear our veils and gloves while inspecting our bees and rarely use any smoke at all. It is very enjoyable for us cause we do it together. This is all we want to do, besides ride our ATVs twice a week.

I will take your kidding around but I will never do a cutout. My main reason for going to Bud5 is just to see all of you again.

Larry

Moots

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:00 am »

Listen guys! Last year I was the new guy in town, but we will be having a bunch of new guys and gals this year. I'm sure these fine people will jump at the chance to do cutouts. Cutouts are just not my thing! I have no desire to do them, although I do enjoy watching others do them. We don't even own a truck and you can't do them without one.

At home here, June and I wear our veils and gloves while inspecting our bees and rarely use any smoke at all. It is very enjoyable for us cause we do it together. This is all we want to do, besides ride our ATVs twice a week.

I will take your kidding around but I will never do a cutout. My main reason for going to Bud5 is just to see all of you again.

Larry

Well, being a newbie, I'm not sure exactly what all will take place at Bud5...But it looks like seeing Larry do a cut out can definitely be removed from the list of possibilities!   :-D

Looking forward to meeting everyone, should be a great time.  :)

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:59:19 pm »
Awesome... Cant wait either moots. Bring you bee vac and suck all of them gals out of there / then cut your comb out and thank bailey for the free bees...lol  :-D  :evil:
Marshall

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:13:28 pm »
shucks larry I will take my vail and gloves off if you will first. moot larry just likes to kid around last yr. I saw him plucking hands fulla bees of a limb and put them in a box and he was bare handed then. the boys done promised to teach me how da  do dat
to bee or not to bee

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »
Make sure you video shooting a swarm out of a tree.

I think to make it fun you aught to have a couple of new guys with cardboard boxes trying to catch the swarm as it falls.

Wish I could make it, have fun.

Don

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
Don't worry moot will just swap position with another weaker nuc and they won't have the numbers to swarm and will strengthen one of my nucs.   
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 08:52:57 pm »
b we gona show them how to do the cutouts here, with what you always have on hand. but when we hit a little field trip use vacks hands and what ever you and yo guiding lite. think you need to do. we gona try and get every one to see that bees aren't as bad as you have always thaught. and all the bees you see here will be ferals. no breed up sweet store bought queens
to bee or not to bee