Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Orange Liquid?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline chefboy490

• Brood
Orange Liquid?
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »
Can anyone help?

We have a beehive that we harvested from an old building, its doing alright but it recently started oozing some kind of orange liquid from the front. We are trying to figure out what it is but to no avail so far. Can anyone help?

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
Re: Orange Liquid?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »
If enough hive beetles get in and past the patrolling of the bees, the will rupture enough cells that the honey will run like a stream.  :) d2

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:33:57 pm »
I see in your name the word "chef". I remember reading "something" "somewhere" about the folks who makes m & m 's were leaving some bad sugar coated coloring (for lack of a better word) out in the open. Seems honey bees found the batch and harvested the colored sugar water syrup. Yep, you guessed it, the honey in folks hives started changing colors. Most likely not in your case.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »
Yes it does sound like SHB. Where are you located? When it gets shb slimed and begins to ooze it is already maggot filled. When was your last inspection.
John 3:16

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:14 pm »
Whats your location?

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 11:02:03 pm »
No follow-up orange liquid report? I hope this is not what you found.

John 3:16

anything