Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: vented jacket  (Read 20972 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: vented jacket
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:14 am »
Yes, but Pigeon Mountain is the only one I have seen selling with a round veil.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline ScooterTrash

• House Bee
  • ScooterTrash Forever
    • Vince & Pat's Apiaries
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »
Club President calls my outfit the NASA version (Ultra Breeze full suit), my neighbor purchased the NASA Jacket version the novelty of keeping bees for my neighbor has expired so I have inherited his jacket ye-hi. I have become more comfortable now and just use a veil on my Outback hat unless things get out of hand. I am glad I did make the investment in the Ultra Breeze equipment the leg zippers sure do expedite getting the outfit on/off.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

www.VPBEES.com

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »
UPDATE:

Well after not hearing anything since their response on 8/28 where I was told it was still out of stock and they could not give me a date at that time,  but WOULD keep me informed, today I did receive a shipping notification. 

Overall, I have to say they have extremely poor communications and I would not recommend doing business with them.   I ordered on 7/17 and today (9/25) was the first correspondence I received that was not a response to an inquiry by me.

I have to say even this was a poorly crafted notification.  Subject was your order from PMTC has shipped and the body just stated SHIPPED PM9262XL, a numerical order number, and a tracking number.   To be honest I had to think long and hard to figure out what is was.

Sure hope it was worth the wait, but next time I'll be ordering from somewhere else.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »
Thanks ! for keeping us posted of your business with PMTC. Hope it was worth it for you to wait that long. Please let us know exactly what you think of the jacket when you get it. I believe that you went above and beyond for being so patient with them. I will have to think about wheather it would be worth the aggravation to save a few dollars to do business like that.

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 10:22:46 am »
Only way I would wear full suit is to be in a hive of Africanized bees. If they are that bad pinch the Bittcch and re-queen. I've got one in my BEEvan, but never wear it(Dadent) . I bought some Mosquito pull overs that have a zippered "hood" elastic on cuffs and long waist. I haven't been stung once with it on. Just when I think I am good enough to go with out it do I get stung. Moved a hive Sat. Took travel screen off , here they came. One got me on right eye lid. Still hurts just like yj sting. BTW I have the pull-overs for sale $20.00 ea. will send pic. if interested . Just email  or pm.  JPP/ JPBEEGETTER

anything