Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Almond extract?  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Grizzly8119

• New Bee
Almond extract?
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »
So I have put my escape board under the first of the boxes I want to take but it is a single triangle. I had heard that almond extract will drive bees from a box. I was thinking of pairing the two escape board and extract. Does anyone know if this works?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Almond extract?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »
I haves used bee quick.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 06:56:04 pm »
I tried almond extract. Mixed 1:2 with water. No effect. Do not use an escape board with bee quick. They cannot get out of super fast enough with escape board installed. To use  bee quick, put a piece of towel cut to the size of the board in the inner board and staple it in place. Spray a light coat of bee quick all over the board and place it on top of the super for five minutes. Then remove it and place it on top of a fume board. Partially cover it with card board to let the remaining bees to escape.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Grizzly8119

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:14 am »
Hey thanks for the info. I didnt use any bee quick I just put the escape board on and left it for 24 hrs. I'll see if it worked today.

anything