Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cut-out 6-28-09  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Luckyparrot

• House Bee
Cut-out 6-28-09
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:16:34 am »
 The owner told me that the bees have been there for two years. I got 11 frames of broods and eggs. And I also got stung about 15 times! I thought the bees were aggressive because I invaded their hive, but when I place them in the new home in the garden, they started attacked anyone came within 10 feet. They would chase their victim for more than 300 ft. Everyone told me the bees gotta go.
 But there are so much bees to be throw away. I also have a very gentle hive, but they are a small colony with only 3 frames of broods and eggs.  Should I order queen or  should I trapout them using my gentle hive' eggs?   http://picasaweb.google.com/Luckyparrot2009/UntitledAlbum02#

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Cut-out 6-28-09
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:22:31 am »
Nice cut out, thats a lot of bees and brood. You have plenty of brood and bees you could do a split and introduce a queen to the queenless split. I would wait a few days after splitting to put the new queen in.

They may be just a little defensive after doing the cut out, might give the a few days to cool off. Not real sure of your location but they could be crossed up with AHB, might send in a sample to see.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »
He is in California, AHB territory for sure. Even here in Illinois, I get some pretty hot hives after cutouts. Give them a few days to cool off, but if they are still chasing 'ya 300 feet down the road, pinch the queen and requeen, which still would give you possible AHB drones......or send them to bee heaven.

Brenda

Offline Luckyparrot

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 12:59:57 am »
 G3 and Brenda, I can't tell if they are AHB, but I'll post some closeup pictures.  I will give them few more days, if they are still chasing people I'll definitely order  a new queen.