Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Four Packages Installed Today  (Read 1550 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Four Packages Installed Today
« on: April 07, 2007, 07:56:04 pm »
Well, the two at my mom's and the two here are done.  It's cold out there, but some of the warriors valiantly tried to defend themselves, I couldn't believe they'd fly in 35 degree temps, but a few did!

We did it the easy way, we put the queen in place and gently shook some out, then set the package down on top of the frames inside of another super and closed it up.  Greg will go in there tomorrow and take out the packages. 

One question, though.  We left the entrances closed for tonight.  We'll open them up to the small opening in the reducer in the morning.  Is this OK?  It better be, cuz it's done!  :shock:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Four Packages Installed Today
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:11:32 pm »
never second guess a done deal.  it just keeps you up at night :-)

i'm sure they'll be fine. you have SBBs, right?  it's not like they'll suffocate or anything, and they have food.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:28 pm »
>One question, though.  We left the entrances closed for tonight.  We'll open them up to the small opening in the reducer in the morning.  Is this OK?  It better be, cuz it's done!

The only down side is any bees outside won't get in and if it's below about 50 F they will probably die tonight.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »
Fortunately there are probably only twenty or so outside in both locations, they were so cold they barely flew.  Only the foolhardy ones  ;) 

anything