Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from eastern NC  (Read 1870 times)

Offline neusiok

• Brood
Greetings from eastern NC
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:02:20 pm »
I am new to the forum as well as to bees. Have been reading alot about them and find them very interesting.

I do occupancy inspections for mortgage companies and on occasion run across bees in the walls of vacant properties.

Looking forward to learning more and possibly setting up a couple of hives in the spring

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Greetings from eastern NC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:12:47 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.com.

I recommend that you use the search feature and read up on the following topics: Trap outs and Cut outs. Iddee has and excellent thread on trap outs. I followed his directions and performed several trap outs myself.

Again, WELCOME,

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:41:41 am »
Hello and Welcome Neusiok 

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:08 am »
Neusiok, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us, and more wonderful that you are becoming interested in keeping bees, this will happen, no doubt.  Stick around, we love new members.  have that great and most awesome day, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Gardienne de Cabris

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »
I'm new too, and it is a relief to have other beekeepers to listen to.  Most of the time I'm a goatherd.  My husband and I have a micro dairy in the foothills of South Carolina.  I've kept a couple of bee hives on the hilltop for over ten years, but I have to admit that I feel like a clutz when I work with them, and they always do something that I was not expecting.  One of our biggest honey hauls was the year we sold Mean Bee Honey--and those girls lived up to their name, I can assure you.  Things are calmer now, and I hope they stay that way.  I'd like to add a couple of hives, but I need to know more about what I'm doing to make it work.  Thanks for all the information y'all are sharing. 

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:31:02 am »
Welcome Gardienne de Cabris to Beemaster
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny