Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Computer glitches. question  (Read 2949 times)

Offline njoylife10

• House Bee
Computer glitches. question
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »
Whenever I log on to Beemaster it will stay up for about an hour then it says it can not find the website.  Even if I try to reload the page from scratch or do a google search and connect from it there.  It tells me the same thing.  Basically it shuts me out for about 24 hours then I can get back onto it.  What is causing this and how can I fix it.  Does it have something to do with cookies?

njoylife10

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Computer glitches. question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
Not my forte' but a few questions...

What browser/version do you use?  Does it do the same thing for Firefox, IE, Chrome?

Are there any other webpages/forums that do this to you?

Have you tried cleaning up all your cookies inbetween tries?

What does it do after you restart your computer?

Rick

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Computer glitches. question
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »
That is an odd problem.  Are you saying that it is just the Beemaster website that your computer won’t find after 1 hour of use?  You can still go to CNN, Yahoo, MSN, or whatever and that still works?  Click refresh on those sites and make sure you are getting the latest page and not a cached page. 

I would be very surprised if everything else works but not beemaster.  If that is really the case, then I might guess your DNS server is missing the translation from the English text “beemaster.com” to the numerical IP number that the internet really runs on.  However I have personally never heard of such a DNS issue with popular sites like beemaster.  One way to debug that would be to call a friend on the same Internet service provider as yourself and see if they can get to beemaster when you can’t.   The ISPs normally set everybody up to the same DNS, often a local copy that they maintain. 

If your friend can get on, but you can’t, it’s most likely your hardware.  If you and your friend can’t get on beemaster but can get on other sites, that sounds like a DNS issue to me, call your ISP. 

If it’s only you having a problem, then it could be something in your system dropping the address to the DNS server but if that happens, you should not be able to navigate to ANY sites. 

We need more info….and even then we probably can’t solve the problem.  Sorry, computer problems are hard to solve without being there.