Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is there anybody out there? Let us hear your voice.  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Is there anybody out there? Let us hear your voice.
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »
in this day of emailing, what i miss most is sending and receiving good old fashion hand written letters and cards!  nothing like a personal touch.

i think about what history we are losing with all this emailing.  i have the letters that my husband used to write when he was overseas.  my mother has the letters from my father.  from my sons, i have printed emails.  it's not the same.  if they had not been printed out, they would have been lost.  how many stories will be lost forever because of this new and impersonal form of contact?  my brother in Afghanistan says that we can find out what he's doing by reading his blog.  will his blog be there forever?  it is not the same as a diary of his adventures.

much of our history comes from journals and diaries and letters.  somehow a blog or an email just doesn't do it for me.

i don't do the phone either.  quiet is good.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 11:29:24 pm »
>>i think about what history we are losing with all this emailing.

In some far off future some archeologist will come to the conclusion that a world wide epidemic of ignorance swept the late 20th-early 21st century because written records ceased to exist.  The Archeologist would be dumbfounded to find that that corroded rock found in the corners of many homes was actually a Tetrabite hard drive that once contained vast amounts of information.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 09:55:09 am »
But ya know without this modern marvel of the internet, none of us would have ever conversed. I can relate though, And how about payphones, do they even exist anymore?
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 10:07:13 am »
Jerry, are you my twin Brother?  You and I are identical.  The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a surprise party with a whole lotta people there, you too?

I hear everything, tune in to everything, EVERYTHING, I cannot isolate sounds, if two TVs are on (like you said, I am confused), yep, dogs barking, etc., etc., it drives me nuts!!!!  If there was one thing that I could change about myself, that would be the first, an ability to "tune things out", other than that I am perfect (hee, hee)  :roll: :roll: :-D ;) :)  Others would beg to differ with that statement  :)

Ha, Brian, that is one funny thought.  Maybe this paperless world is gonna be a humdinger come many years from now.  Have a wonderful and great day, great health and life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 10:19:45 am »
Jerry, are you my twin Brother?  You and I are identical.  The worst thing that can happen to me is to have a surprise party with a whole lotta people there, you too?

Are you talking birthday? Nope don't do it. I can't remember the last time I even had a cake on my birthday. I just don't celebrate my B-day. And just don't care for parties. Why go to a place where there are a bunch of noisy people and do the same thing I could do alone? (on another topic I asked what was fun and why was it fun. Don't think I was taken seriously.)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 10:35:30 am »
Jerry, talkin' about a birthday party that was thrown for me many years ago, it was a surprise and I hated it!!!!  I don't like surprises.  My life is orderly, very routine oriented.  My Husband even knows that if he wants to say, go for dinner, he needs to tell me ahead of time so I can plan for it, like I mean tell me in the morning, not an hour before he wants to go, hee, hee.  I can't stand noise and confusion I guess.  It annoys me terribly  :( :)  Have a wonderful and great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 11:45:18 pm »
Hey its great to see some new faces posting!
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 05:26:31 am »
I guess I should check in too.  It's been like 3 months since my last post.  Very busy lately.

Hey Patrickp, I pick the banjo too!!!  It's awesome to see other bluegrassers on here. 

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Old Timer

• House Bee
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 08:54:43 pm »
I haven't been on here much lately. Been busy doing things which need more attention.

>I hear everything, tune in to everything, EVERYTHING, I cannot isolate sounds, if two TVs are on (like you said, I am confused), yep, dogs barking, etc., etc., it drives me nuts!!!!

I know what you mean, there are some things that drive me nuts too, like that picture about two posts up that won't sit still. It's really aggravating on my eyes and makes it hard to read. I know I can turn it off but then I can't see other peoples' pictures that I like to see. The eyeball in the circle that moves back and forth is really aggravating to my eyes too. When I run across a post with those pictures I'll usually skip them and those around them because they are too distracting and aggravating to me. Needless to say I miss out on some discussions I might otherwise respond to.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:36 pm »
Old Timer.  Right, you must have been busy, haven't seen ya for awhile.  Eeeew.  I know what you mean about the moving pictures.  That is the avitar of Understudy (Brendhan) (the eyeball) and JP (the bear thing waving its hands).  Those pictures annoy me terribly too, and I have mentioned this before (remember guys? (Brendhan and JP, hee, hee).

I have learned to ignore them, but they still catch my eye and bug the bug out of me.  But oh well.  That is really too bad that it bugs you as much as you say, that you don't read these two guys posts, they have alot of good stuff to say.

Old Timer.  I wonder if you sent a PM to one of the moderators of the forum if they could help you to maybe "turn off" something that would not have the motion in the avitar pictures of these two forum friends.  It is worth a try (if you find out, tell me how to as well, because I would just as soon not see the motion in avitars).  Have a wonderful and great day.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 11:59:24 pm »
My avatar had a run in with an ahb colony and he's still on the run to this day. :'(

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 12:19:30 am »
Run JP as fast as you can! :shock:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 10:09:52 am »
Ha!!!! run, run, run as fast as you can, they can't catch you, are you the gingerbread man?  Have a beautiful day, Cindi

anything