Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Plastic Frames  (Read 1273 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
Plastic Frames
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:55 pm »
What is the difference between the eazy frames and the peirco frames? and are there any other plastic frames

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Plastic Frames
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »
If you care about cell size and price, Mann lake PF100s and PF120s are a good choice.  The cell size is 4.95mm, the acceptance is awesome.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Michael Bach

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »
Good to hear mike,  I have four hives full of 100's and 120's ready to go for spring.  Some natural some black for the broodnest and all natural for the supers.

All undrawn.  Three hives will be packages and 1 all medium frame hive will be started from a small cell nuc.

4 small cell hives and 6 large cell hives (existing).  The yards will be 20 miles apart.

I have 2 peirco black deep plastic frames in the hives.  The bees draw out flat uniform comb compared to wax foundation.  Only drawback is the bees like to burr comb the top bars.  Makes it difficult to pull the frame directly above the burr comb.

Offline ArmucheeBee

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:56:19 pm »
Mike Bush talked me into PF120 when I was first starting out and learning on the forum.  that is all i use and all i will use.  i did buy some wood frames with NO foundation and inserted them in.  the bees used them to make drone comb. i only have a couple in each hive though.   i take it out and freeze to control what few varroa i have--very few.  i run all mediums like mike suggested.  go to his website to learn more.
Stephen Stewart
2nd Grade Teacher

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."  SpongeBob Squarepants

anything