Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee license book  (Read 7091 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« on: January 30, 2005, 04:30:24 pm »
I finally got my state license info, it is so easy. As soon as I read it, half a day, I will got take the test. It is common since and info that even the newest bee keepers would know, I thought it would be pretty hard, o well. I dont know when I can take the test but as soon as I do and get the results back I will tell ya how it went, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 10:46:56 am »
I knew that you had to register yor apiary with the state,but I did't know that you needed to take a test.

Rich V

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
Very interesting
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:44:21 pm »
Let us know how it goes Ryan

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 06:19:42 pm »
Well they told me to read this book and come back for a test so that is what I am doing. I thought it would be odd info but it is all really simple info, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Jake B

• New Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 09:04:51 pm »
Just out of curiosity, give us one of the questions. A easy one.
Whether you think you can or think you can't-you are right.-Henry Ford

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 11:54:40 pm »
What are the hive parts called. that is an easy one.
Ryan Horn

Offline Hill's Hivery

• New Bee
What Test are you taking???
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 08:29:48 am »
I am located in IL also.  I didn't see that there was a test required.  Could you please tell me what test it is your taking?  Is it for bee removal?  I heard some states require you to take a test for that.

Thank you for the information.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 11:21:50 pm »
So fare I dont know the name of the test. I would say call the department of ag at the state fair grounds, they should give and send you some info, Where are you located? bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:35:07 am »
Ryan
  The license you refer to. Is that a commerical license?

Rich V

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 08:52:15 am »
When I went to my first meeting the other night I was finally told all I will have to do is register all of my hives, few :o , bye :D
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

Bee license book
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 10:05:09 am »
:?:  Now I am totally comfused. You posted this.

"I finally got my state license info, it is so easy. As soon as I read it, half a day, I will got take the test. It is common since and info that even the newest bee keepers would know, I thought it would be pretty hard, o well. I dont know when I can take the test but as soon as I do and get the results back I will tell ya how it went, bye"

Then you posted this.

"When I went to my first meeting the other night I was finally told all I will have to do is register all of my hives, few  , bye "

So do you or do you not have to take a test and what was the information that took half a day read all about????
 :D Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 12:22:52 pm »
I was given a book that I was told to read due to I could be tested on, now they are telling me all I have to do is register my hives, sorry :wink: , bye :D
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

Bee license book
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 03:26:23 pm »
:( So what your saying is the state of Illinois doesn't know their own rules and regulations when it comes to honey bees.
 :evil: Just the type of agency I want messing with me and MY bees.
 :D Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 04:10:42 pm »
True true, it is all the stupid govners we have had in the last few years, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

Bee license book
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 10:06:30 am »
It isn't the govners who write or vote on the passage of the laws. They just sign the final draft, then the heads of the depts, such as Ag. in the case of honey bees make sure the letter of the law is complied with. It is their responceabilty to make sure all the employees of that dept in all the districts are properly trained and know what they are doing.
In this day and age of computers I am very surprized you can not in Ill. go to A gov. dot org site andf get the information as a resident of the state you need to become a bee keeper there.
With in just days of the passage of the honey house bill here in Mich. most of the important things a hobby beekeeper was posted on the ag. site and is updated nearly every day.
 :D  Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 07:26:33 pm »
We have hated all of are last govs, easier to blame them, lol, no. Thanks for the info, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 11:40:00 pm »
I registered my hives with the state (Illinois) last week. Thats why I asked Ryan if he needed a commercial license. I never heard of a test.
The state wants to know the number of hives you have ,and their location.They may also contact you and come to inspect them. of the several beekeepers that I know that have been inspected, they say it was a pleasent learning experience.

Rich V.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Bee license book
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 09:31:45 am »
I know who are inspector is around here now, I was told her name last night but I forgot to write it down, thin my grandpa did, lol, bye :D
Ryan Horn

anything