Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two Swarms-March 29, 2010  (Read 3157 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Two Swarms-March 29, 2010
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:34:36 am »
Yesterday I caught two swarms and had two others that left before I could get there.

pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970/March292010#

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Two Swarms-March 29, 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:57:32 am »
Thank's JP great as always
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:05:28 am »
Irwin, the camera will have to wait a while. Growing your apiary gets quite expensive! Ordered 50 supers and frames yesterday, really needed to order 4x that many but with shipping more than a thou put down, ouch!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:27:21 am »
I didn't say any thing about a video camera 8-) I understand it will take time JP. Sorry but I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for your video's :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:49:41 am »
Sorry Irwin, I know what I said and I appreciate you making that video, it was priceless!  :-D

The camera will happen, just need more time.

In the mean time practice on your little pink bicycle. Next time maybe three beer cans?

...JP

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33:14 pm »
good catch on the swarms!!

Did you have to persuade the swarm or the wall to march into the box any at all?

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 02:49:17 pm »
Way to go JP! You must have me beat on swarms now too....I just gotta get those truck signs made!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »
Yesterday I caught two swarms and had two others that left before I could get there.

pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970/March292010#

...JP

JP

I have a new desktop photo thanks to your wonderful photos of the swarm. I am glad it is in the correct format to come out nice on the desktop.  Sometimes when I try to do that the photo appears all blurry on the desktop.

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:38:24 pm »
G3, the one on the brick wall, I had to pull bees off with my fingers and drop them in until I had the queen in the box.

A good many did go in on their own as well & I thought she would for a while there but she just stayed put on the brick wall.

The other swarm was an easy shake. I  set them up this morning in a deep nuc.

Scott, 4-4 get shakin' bro!

Annette, which one did you choose? Glad you like the photos.

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 07:02:59 pm »
Photo number 13. The swarm just hanging from the tree in a close up.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »
Scott, 4-4 get shakin' bro!

Do we have another contender for the "swarm king" title  :-D
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »
Hehe, I know I'll never be able to match up with JP, but I did pick up another swarm today (in the same tree as one I caught two weeks ago) and I have a cut out planned for Sat. and another for next week. Jp's the whole motivation here...just keep asking W.W.J.P.D.? :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything