Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The easiest 5 frame nuc to build for next to nothing!  (Read 13230 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Re: The easiest 5 frame nuc to build for next to nothing!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:17 pm »
Metric is definitely the majority! doesn't the UK still use imperial though?

The countries in red in this picture do not use the metric system...its a very difficult system, with investment and learning your country too could learn how to count to...umm....10.  :-D

Offline Culley

• House Bee
    • my beekeeping page on twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 11:38:52 pm »
Meadlover, when I lived in Brisbane, I used to find all sorts of useful wood in skip bins; industry, people moving house and ditching all their stuff, but the very best was building sites and demolitions.

Offline Meadlover

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »
Thanks Cullz.
I found a local place that has lots of scrap MDF but nowhere I've seen plywood yet.
I'm a bit iffy on grabbing stuff from construction sites nowdays as in the past few years they have brought in HUGE fines if you pinch stuff, and Murphy's law says the time I grab some ply is the time they weren't intending on throwing it out!

Will keep an eye out though, there's a lot of new houses and units going up around my area.

ML

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 11:59:11 pm »
Thanks Cullz.
I found a local place that has lots of scrap MDF but nowhere I've seen plywood yet.
I'm a bit iffy on grabbing stuff from construction sites nowdays as in the past few years they have brought in HUGE fines if you pinch stuff, and Murphy's law says the time I grab some ply is the time they weren't intending on throwing it out!

Will keep an eye out though, there's a lot of new houses and units going up around my area.

ML

Contact some timber floor layers - they often use plywood as underlay - also shipping companies who often pack odd sized equipment in plywood containers

Offline Pete

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 12:28:43 am »
Its regularly on special. Bunning has 2.4m x 1.2m sheets of 12mm for $33 right now. I am guessing 3 maybe 4 boxes per sheet?

My issue is cutting it straight....arrgghhh!!!