Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: feeding without a life guard  (Read 2063 times)

Offline amandrea

• House Bee
feeding without a life guard
« on: November 22, 2007, 05:50:45 pm »
I"ve never had an origional idea. Every time I thought I had I found out someone esle had already thought of it and developed it better. I"m going to mention it anyways.
It seems any time you have a puddle big enough for someone to land on, fall in or get pushed into someone is going to drown. It was 70 degrees at the hive today so I set up a feeder and worked for four hours as a life guard. I also brought out my magnifing glass and examined everyone for mites, didn't see any.
It occoured to me that I could invert a jar of feed into a receptical for it that is no more than 3/16 in. larger than the jar and 3/16 inch deep. Radiating out from it would be groves of the same deminsion connecting to an outer ring. This should keep the jar from emptying, provide plenty of access to the feed and no one could fall in. Any one  have any comments?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: feeding without a life guard
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 05:59:54 pm »

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 06:49:43 pm »
Down here it is snowing  :shock:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:46:22 pm »
Amandrea.  Beautiful, sounds like you are totally enjoying life with your girls, that is wonderful!!!!  I bet what you would like to do with the feed would work well.  Why don't you try it and see how it works, this is how great things are made.  I see RDY-B gave Michael Bush's site to peruse, but I looked and didn't see anything of what you are describing.  It sounds good.  If you do try this out, do you have a camera that you could take a picture and show us of your work?  Good luck, experimenting is a wonderful human trait!!!!  Best of this beautiful and great day, nice that you have such beautiful weather.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline amandrea

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 09:34:30 am »
I have no camera but know someone who could hadle that for me. At work I have an engineering dept. One, he doesn't like to admit it, knows some stuff. I'll see what he has to say about figuring the requred area.
Looking at M. Bushes info I'm pleased to see nothing similar.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 10:07:56 am »
Amandrea, go, go, go.  Get that figured, yea!!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything