Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hives in Austin, TX for sale  (Read 3776 times)

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
Hives in Austin, TX for sale
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »
I've had a hell of a successful year so far with catching swarms, swarm traps, and cutouts. Combined with successfully overwintered all my hives, I'm now ready to sell a few hives off to get me down to a few.  I'll build back up again as the swarm season continues.

I'm a big believer in survivor bees. I only get ferals from cutouts and swarms. These bees can be a little on the hot side, but have remained untreated and lived.

For sale:
6 hives, 10 frame langs.  Natural drawn comb with and without wires, with some with older crappy frames used in swarm traps. (my swarm traps use to-be-retired semi broken frames)
Mod edit:
PM if any interest
pickup in NW austin at dusk.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:30:02 pm by buzzbee »
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Hives in Austin, TX for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »
I'll see if my son knows anyone in Kyle.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:07:03 pm »
Congrats on the success!!!
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 02:52:04 am »
Congrats on the success!!!
Thanks! Down side is it is eating up way to much of my time this spring. My employees think I'm nuts.  Even tonight I went to pick up a cute little established swarm in a small dog house. 2 hour round trip. I can tell you, i really really like my swarm traps better than any other method of acquisition.
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline abelltx

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:11:52 pm »
Do you still have any?

anything