Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Yea!!! Found a Canadian chicken site  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Yea!!! Found a Canadian chicken site
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:22:28 am »
Well, finally, after lots of searching, searching and more searching, I found a great Canadian site for chicken stuff.  Looks pretty good and interesting and I can get lots of eggs for incubating.  I am going to have some great fun this year in the chicken yards, I want to get some great and wonderful chicken stock and do some breeding stuff.  Hee, hee, I am excited and this is going to be such a great and fun year with the ducks, chickens, geese, (maybe a few turkeys) -- and most of all -- my beloved bees.  How could life get any more interesting?  I don't think it possible, hee, hee  ;) :) :) :).

Now the only thing is, how am I ever going to find the time to do all the things that I want to do.  I am anxiously awaiting the winter solstace and the holiday season to go by the wayside, then my life changes, as does the length of the daylight hours.  Can't wait for the middle of January.  That is when my family gets so sick and tired me me speaking of the extremely noticeable difference in the longer daylight hours, yea!!!!   Spring is really just around the corner, and then life gets even more busy that it is now.  My winter hibernation is so short lived, yea!!!

So, for any one that may be interested (and I know that there are many people that lurk in the background on this forum, just listening and watching, and some may be Canadians who need a Canadian chicken site too), here is the site that I found.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, greatest of health wishes. Cindi

http://groups.msn.com/CANADIANCHICKENEGGSWAPPERS2/home.msnw
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
Re: Yea!!! Found a Canadian chicken site
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:10:41 am »
YEAAAA I have a few emails out to a few people I know in Canada that breeds poultry there is also a great turkey breeder in Canada that sales hatching eggs I need to email my friend Rod in Minnisota to find out who it is though.

Angi

ps I am still trying to look to see what it takes to send eggs to Canada I have another email out to a few people who has sent them to there before.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 08:51:32 am »
Angi, cool, thank you for doing this little bit of work for me, it is appreciated, and your care shines through, thank you.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline taipantoo

• House Bee
  • Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:02:06 am »
Well, Cindi, you know what they say, "If you want something done, ask a busy person."
With all the other things you do, you will organize your time accordingly and get it all done.

Have a great day.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 02:48:36 pm »
Tai, going a little off topic here, but I am compelled  :) :) ;) :-X, I tend to do that alot, hee, hee.

I love all your information about yourself at the end of your posts by the way.  I see that you and your Wife are lovers of gold prospecting.  I will tell a tale.

Many, many years ago, my lil' Brother and his Wife and at that time one child, went up to her Brother's place to spend a summer gold prospecting.  The place where her Brother lived was called Dease Lake.  It is way, way, way up north, a beautiful place.  Remote wilderness. This is where her Brother lives and still lives, I believe.  They spent all summer there and long into the wintertime.  They came home with gold, I can't recall how much, but it was worth their while to have spent their summer in this wilderness, and they had tales to tell.

It was so long ago, (probably about 15 years or so), in my mind's eye, I cannot recall intricate details. Our big family dinner is coming on Christmas eve and I will ask him to recount some stories.  The used some kind of dredge pump thing, I do remember that.  Things that stick out in my mind right now are bears and the northern lights.  But that really is it.  They had an experience of a lifetime.  This man has had a lifetime of wonderful and very diverse avenues.  He currently is the Director of Photography of a small TV series, called "Road Hockey Rumble".  They did some filming at our place out the back, slingshotting apples (with a huge slingshot) at the loser of the road hockey rumble tournament.  It is slated to air in March.  It will be exciting, and I am so curious about how much of our property, if any, will be seen on TV.  Time will tell that tale.  I feel very privileged to have our property used as one of the scenes, and consider myself a very lucky woman.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we're livin'.  Cindi

Offline taipantoo

• House Bee
  • Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:50 pm »
I'm hoping that my signature will generate some threads during the winter when there is less beekeeping discussion going on.

This is the result of a single shovel full of sand off the beach about 20 miles West of Nome, Alaska.
The gold pan is 14.5" in diameter.

Speaking of TV shows, in the opening scene of Gold Prospecting on the Outdoor Channel, there is a lone prospector on the beach in Nome.  That prospector is me.
My Wife Joyce was filmed showing my Grand daughter Tabitha how to pan out concentrates at the Cripple River Mining Camp and my Grand Daughter and I were filmed fishing for Silver Salmon in the Sennec(SP?) River.  Tabitha, 10 years old at the time, is shown carrying a Silver Salmon to the owner of the Outdoor Channel to be filleted so she could eat it.    She caught that salmon on a 9 1/2' fly rod with an ultra light spinning reel.  It was a great fight and she was very tired when she finally landed it.

WOW!  This is a pretty long post for me.  It's all your fault. ha ha ha

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:40:21 pm »
Tai, hee, hee, hee, long posts are catchy, I can be long winded too, hee, ha  :) :) :)  That shovel full of debris was very beautiful with the gold sparkling in it, nice.

All the filming that your family has had is wonderful.  It makes one feel kinda special eh?  So nice that your Granddaughter caught that great ol' fish, yea!!!  Have a wonderful, greatest of days.  Cindi

anything