Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The pic's I promised  (Read 5097 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
The pic's I promised
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:01:12 pm »
Catnip starting to bloom.

Elephant Garlic and what is supposed to grow into 50 lb. cabbage

Spear Mint.

Onions and Tomatoes.

I know others have gardens father along then this but I had to do it. ;) :)

doak

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
Re: The pic's I promised
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:56 pm »
Sigh, I have tomatoes in the back of my station wagon waiting for the frosts to pass. 

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 06:59:33 pm »
You see that pile of straw up in the corner?
Had to use that for 4 days a week or so ago.
Down here in Ga.
doak

Offline jimmyo

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:25:28 pm »
I'd show you my garden but it would just show up as dirt.
 everything is planted but not starting up yet and there is  a frost coming, probably the last one for the spring.  One of my favorite things about visiting my sister in GA is the early spring and the early gardens. 
 Ga. rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:58:19 pm »
And rolls!!!!!!!! :) ;) :roll:
and has red clay and sand and rocks.
That is why it ROCKS. ;)
doak

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 08:44:01 pm »
I can't put my tomatoes out until after Mother's Day.  I am so envious!

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 08:50:48 pm »
This system that just went through is supposed to take us back down to the low 40"s.
The rain was good for the stuff that hasn't came up yet. Corn,beans,carrots, spinach, okra, melons, squash.
lets see what else. ;)doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:43 am »
Doak, you got some nice pictures going on there, and you're gonna have some good eatin' too, yeah, thanks for the sprint into your life.  Best of this great and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:34 am »
I can't put my tomatoes out until after Mother's Day.  I am so envious!
Mother's Day!? We can't put them out until Memorial Day around here!  :shock:

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:41:36 pm »
The onions are as big as golf balls now
My moon and star watermelons is up, Zucc squash, corn, okra, beans. all up. Oh! and collards, and radish.
Straw berries blooming like mad. ;)doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 12:52:50 am »
Doak, wow, wow, wow!!!  YOu are so far ahead of my climate here, amazing.  I couldn't even imagine any great growth like that for a long time coming.  My strawberry plants will have fruit say about the first week of June, raspberries come around the end of June.  Beautiful and most wonderful day on our great planet.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 01:26:48 am »
My goodness Doak,  we are just getting some of our cooler weather things in!! Peas are just coming up, chard etc. Grandma Evelyns (walking)onions are going gangbusters.  Maples will be dropping pollen soon. Corn,beans & pumpkins go in closer to June. Like Cindi, strawberries in early June. Cindi, I may be a couple of weeks ahead of you & Dane is a couple ahead of me unless you are in a "banana belt" like Brian!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:08 am »
Jody, oh no, we are not in that Brian banana belt, he has his own little microclimate there and it is pretty warm from my understanding.  We should compare notes about what is coming up, blooming, etc.  The dandelions have been blooming now for about a week, what about yours?  The elderberry is blooming now, you?  It is interesting how things can change so much from area to area.  Have that great day, Cindi