Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TWT and Family come visit with Beemaster during Maine Bound Car Trip  (Read 4505 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi All:

I just wanted to say that Tracey and I were soooo pleased to meet Ted (TWT) from Lincolnton, GA and Ted's family. They spent the night with us, we got to drive around locally and see the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog, etc.

It was way too short, but they likely will stop on the return trip for a night of steaks on the grill, should be a nice Friday Night.

Here is from our left to right: Beemaster (John) Kaitlyn, TWT (Ted) and Jessica in front of my new house (the tree that I keep promising to take picks of  :roll:
I hope they have a wonderful Lobster Festivale in Maine and see you guys soon!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:43:52 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
Re: TWT and Family come visit with Beemaster during Maine Bound Car Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:01:46 pm »
Ted's got himself a nice looking family!

Its a shame that we don't see or hear about him as much as we could.

Take care Ted, travel safe with the family and take lots of pictures to keep the memories.

-Jeff
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 12:40:06 am »
Boy just look at that devilish grin!!! :-D

Thanks for the pic John, BTW, you look good without the mustache, I shaved my beard but got stung on the chin 4 removals in a row, growing the beard back as we speak, it was keeping the veil just far enough off the face to keep their stingers at bay.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:13:05 am »
John, well isn't that just ding dang nice.  You are so fortunate to get together with our forum friends, that is a wonderful thing and what a great picture.  BUT.....

Now this is going to be funny or just plain and simply annoy SOMEONE terribly!!!  John, when I saw this picture I thought that you were just kidding me about this being Ted.  I have always got the impression that Ted was quite an elderly man (it must be that picture in his avitar), I see that he is actually only just a kid, hee, hee (sorry Ted, just had to say that thing). 

Ted, you have a beautiful family and your Daughter is gorgeous, hope you have the most wonderful time having that bbq with John and Tracey on Friday night, I'll be thinking of you all, as I sit here and think about cooking a dinner that I know, you all being three hours ahead will be just beginning to much.  Safe trip, have that most wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
Ted; boy you gona have to start showing mo respect to us geasers now we see you such a young looking sprout.
 Shure a lovely little Georgia Peach Mr. John using fo a prop, and sho loved my conversing with her the other night on ventro or how ever its spelled. Youall be careful on the way home as youall come by and drop me off a sack of them big crawdads
to bee or not to bee

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »
Great pic of the family Ted.Too bad The Mrs. didn't make the pic.(John said she is the one who snapped the photo.)
I'm so glad you had the privelige to meet John and Tracey and vice versa! Wish we could have made arrangements to meet up with ya!!
Hope your having a great time in the northeast,drive safe and have fun!!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 01:27:59 pm »
I do have THIS PHOTO Ken which I took :)

We are gonna take MORE photos on the return trip, so there will be many to see.

I know Ted will read this later (he has no PC in route) but I wanted to continue to say that how amazed I am at the intellectual skills of our FORUMS youth! These two girls Jessica and Catelyn (sic?) are polite Southern Girls, and smart and great conversationalist - of course I give my self credit for some of that, I'm great with kids and get tohem to open up quickly and we have fun and easy conversations when watching TV or eating :)

I've met MANY of the forums Kids: PDMattox's sons and daughter Austin, David and Emma. Likestogrill's Daughters and the long awaited Josh, son of Buzzbee and MaBuzzee - all of which I met the whole familys - and... There is a great meeting in the near future for many of the Southern Boys (mostly all Voice Chat Friend - if you don't use Ventrilo yet, you miss so much real friendships develop.

To think an Australian comes half way around the planet and we spend 4 incredible days together, what wonders this forum has conjured up :) There are many more meetings ahead - I have met all the forementioned and CWBees and of course GEOFF and now - TWT (I'll be honest, I was thinking that we would get to meet for some time, this trip to Maine for them really puts me 8 hours drive time toward home - it is a perfect stop for them, and I think we'll all go out to Freindlys for dinner (I swear the forum funds should at least pay the tip - lol) totally kidding.

So more to come about Ted's trip and vist, more photos too. I'll end saying that meeting all those who I have met and those I'll meet soon, it is an honor to have met you through the Forums, I truly treasure our friendships.

The entire TWT Family - added from the previous phot is Ted's wife Sheryl.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
Ooops, apology.  I thought the female in the first picture was Ted's Wife, I see now that it was his other Daughter, beautiful family, can't wait to see more pictures.  Beautiful day, and a great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 09:27:08 pm »
well just made it home, after leaving Johns we was going to Washington DC for a few days but ended up going to Myrtle Beach for 3 days, long trip, the counter on the truck said we traveled

Hours=62:53
Miles=2989
MPG=18.7

aint bad for a 2500, 4x4, 3/4 ton Diesel  :-D and thats traveling 80 when I could and fighting that dang NY & NJ TRAFFIC, traffic jams & idling a good bit of the time, they should condem all the roads in NJ, WAS 1/4 MILE FROM OUR HOTEL IN JERSEY CITY and had to drive in circle 10 miles to get to it, worst designed roads I ever seen!!!! all in all we seen a bunch and had a good time, loved staying at Johns, him and Tracy treated us like family, great host!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 06:32:13 am »
I spose ole Ted had to leave town for a while ey!

Jeeze, Im starting to feel like a stayathome!

I got a spare room down here, all you need is an airline ticket, all welcome!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 03:51:16 pm »
well just made it home, after leaving Johns we was going to Washington DC for a few days but ended up going to Myrtle Beach for 3 days, long trip, the counter on the truck said we traveled

Hours=62:53
Miles=2989
MPG=18.7

aint bad for a 2500, 4x4, 3/4 ton Diesel  :-D and thats traveling 80 when I could and fighting that dang NY & NJ TRAFFIC, traffic jams & idling a good bit of the time, they should condem all the roads in NJ, WAS 1/4 MILE FROM OUR HOTEL IN JERSEY CITY and had to drive in circle 10 miles to get to it, worst designed roads I ever seen!!!! all in all we seen a bunch and had a good time, loved staying at Johns, him and Tracy treated us like family, great host!!!!

Thats how we keep people out we dont want!!!! Sorry i missed you as you were close by.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".