Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Northwest Arkansas, USA  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Sundance

• New Bee
Hello from Northwest Arkansas, USA
« on: March 15, 2009, 03:21:16 pm »
Bella Vista, specifically.  I've kept ornamental fish for years and would like to keep bees.

My grandmother and great-grandfather kept bees in the Ozark mountains a long time ago.  They would collect swarms from tree limbs in the wild with little to no equipment.

I've read two books on Bee Keeping and plan to soak up a lot of this forum as well.

Peace, love, and honey bees.
S u n d a n c e

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Northwest Arkansas, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:20 pm »
Anytime your ready , I'm 20 miles NE of you . There's a club in Feyetville and Monet missouri . WELCOME!!!!

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 05:43:42 pm »
Welcome to the site Sundance.

Interesting name you have there. Have anything else that you like? I'm just thinking out loud here, but maybe you would be better off with another log on name. In some bee circles, "sundance" is a little worn out...  ;)

It would be a shame if someone mistook you for another....  :roll:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 10:28:06 pm »
Hello and Welcome Sundance
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 

Offline Sundance

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:46:32 pm »
Ouch, Bjorn!  Sundance is my real name.  :'(

No worries.  It's done me well.  Good to know it's popular with Bee Keepers.   :)

I am very interested in the club suprsktr.

Thanks for the welcome, all!
S u n d a n c e

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:02 pm »
Be Nice Bjorn... I'll pm you more :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 11:26:02 pm »
Be Nice Bjorn... I'll pm you more :)

John,
That's about the same as my wife saying I should behave or she'll spank me.... :piano:    :shock:
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:47 pm »
Sundance, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  Wow, your Grandmother and Great-Grandfather kept bees.  That is absolutely wonderful....Clearly, you have unintentionally been held under the spell of that honeybee, anyone that has any involvement, even as remote as a family member keeping bees, will be held under their spell.  You cannot get away from it.  It is fixed.

Stick around, we are a friendly group of people, that love to listen, help, ask questions.  Being interested in learning about the honeybees, we can help you so much.  Ask all questions, never fear that any question may be insignificant or dumb, all questions are important and will get a good answer, just wait.  We were all beginners at one time too, it just didn't "occur". 

This will be a place where you can meet new people, make friends, a place where you can tell your tales, stories and experiences.  We love to listen. Stick around.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, life, health, love our lives we all live, love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Sundance

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:36:34 pm »
Thanks, Cindi!
S u n d a n c e

anything