Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pollen Patty Brand Preferences  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
Re: Pollen Patty Brand Preferences
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 03:07:32 am »
Mann lake is about three and one half hours from hanford are you sure you are not going to one of the many warehouse dealers that cary some of the bulk items -and dose not mantain stock or has a show room-RDY-B

Mann Lake Bakersfield office. That is where I am going. I have called and placed a pick up order.

Angi

You are talking about the one up north and that one is more like  5 hrs from me.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 10:10:44 pm »
you can do a pick up at many of the distributors -there are many -even have them in canada and in mexico-there is only one office with a show room that is owned by manlike -the distributors are usually large keepers that participate in the distribution of some products -mostly feed and syrup - dosent really matter you are going to get what you want -it is just such a good time when you go to the store in wood land they make you feel right at home -and the show room has every thing in the catalog -candle molds and such i spend plenty when i visit and can count on seeing many keepers -but like i said it dosent matter you will have a field day any- way-RDY-B

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 04:02:23 am »
How far are they fRom Chico? I have to go in April to pick up my 4lb package bes from C&F Konhen sp) and Sons. Would be nice to run there. NO the Mann Lake office is in there book. It is one of 3 in California.  Hughson CA, Woodland CA, And Bakersfield. They said they have a few things in there office for show. LIke books and Samples of foundations and frames and Hives. And equipment. Our Dadant office is just like the Mann Lake office in Bakersfield. Just a huge warehouse with a a bunch of stuff from the company that you can go and pick up.  I have a few things I am going to get from them so it would be a money saver since I have to go and pick  up a Tom Turkey for a friend of mine. We get taxes back Feb 1st and I have another 1000.00 to spend on bee stuff. Then that will make my total to about 2500.00 for a 2 hive start up plus extra supers. Plus honey and comb honey supplies plus bees. Then i am set till next season.

Angi

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 10:36:46 pm »
you will drive past on your way to chico-the warehouse in hugson is actually the beekmans place i used to pick up things there before they opened the show room in woodland- the beekmans are a big outfit in the honey circle also-and if you go on the right day they have honey tasting and mead tasting at there facility -dont know about who is doing the warehouse for mannlake in bakers field -remember moderation- on the spending that is ;) RDY-B

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 01:26:25 am »
Ha Ha I like being prepaired. And if I have a little to much stuff then that is ok. I rater have to much then not enough.  I like Mead with the spice packet and warmed OMG that is some great stuff. I plan on trying my hand at it.  What is the addy of the Beekmans place? I would love to go if we are already going to have to be in that area. Heck we have to make a weekend out of it because it is over a 5 hr drive for us. When we went to Roseville we left here at 4am for a 7am auction call.  Now I am looking for top feeders.

Angi