Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Happy Happy!  (Read 2991 times)

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
Happy Happy!
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:47:43 am »
Got into the girls this weekend and everything looks awesome!!  The Mississippi Queen is laying and we saw 2 frames chock full of eggs!  They are packing in the pollen and drawing out comb!  And Bud- you were wrong!  They are the sweetest things!

The ol' Georgia gals have filled up 2 deeps and a medium with brood and nectar.  We did some rearranging and put an empty medium on top.  Hope she moves the brood down and the nectar up.  Lots of drone comb and 2-3 cups but didn't see anything that looked like a completed or to be completed queen cell.  Lots and lots o' bees though.  Maybe enough to make a finishing nuc!  ;).

Beautiful weekend and great fun!

Oh!  And I did a drop count on my old hive - only 2 varroa!! After 48 hours!  Isn't that awesome!  They kicked some mite butt! Hooray!

love!
ziffa

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
Re: Happy Happy!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:50:31 am »
 8-)
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
Bartender, I'll have what shes having  :-D

I dont even know you, but you have to have one of the most upbeat personalities of all.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:19:43 pm »
she is like that in person.  wish someone had a camera going when she was doing the happy dance across the lawn after her swarm catch  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:05 pm »
ziffa,glad your girls are doing great. it was nice meeting  yall at bud's.    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »
K9, one phrase comes to mind when Ziffa is involved..."cute as a button"!

Glad to hear things are good Liz!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »
Add my ditto to all the above. One sweet lady.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline njoylife10

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »
 :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
Life is good.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »
Aww! You guys are making my computer turn pink! and me too! :oops:

I can get a little over-boisterous, but I figure fun is more fun if you have fun having fun!  Right? lol  Sometimes I get carried away.

I think I'm still high from the weekend at Bud's too.  I'm just so happy with the bees! 

love,
ziffa

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:17 am »
Ziffa

I am so happy for you and glad you are enjoying the bees. Do you have 2 hives now??. I saw that your hubby went along to Bud's with you, so he must be involved as well.

Continue to have a wonderful time this season with the bees. I truly love being around them as you do. My friend Shawna who started beekeeping last year, helps me with my inspections. We go nice and slow and Shawna takes many photos of our inspections. We just watch the bees and we both know how pleasant it is to be around them. We smile a lot and feel very peaceful.

Annette

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »
ok
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:24:54 pm by bud1 »
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »
Glad to hear your girls are doing well Ziffa. Keep up the enthusiasm! Its contagious!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »

I think I'm still high from the weekend at Bud's too. 

ziffa

Hmm, and you guys told her it was oregano too didnt ya  :-D

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 04:22:19 pm »
No, we just told her it was berry juice. We didn't tell her it was two years since fermentation...  :-* :shock: :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything