2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84950 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2008, 03:54:15 pm »
We called the morning after you went to work early. I left a message. Then we went to the lake you never called back. So we missed you. We tried to go by. But you had already left. Very cool cow in mom's porch by the way. :)

Yeah, I work graveyard so I had to been sleeping and my wife was out running errands.  When I was halfway to our truck yard in tacoma my wife called and said you guys left messages!  Ahhhh!!!  Oh well.  Really sucks but what can  you do.

My mom is nuts.  She paid big $$ for that darn plastic cow.  It's 100% anatomically correct and was meant for a agriculture classroom or something.  But she wanted it to put on the porch just to freak people out.  She also bought a life size manikin of a woman in a sitting position that she keeps in random places throughout the property, dressed in strange stuff.  Last halloween she put a witch mask on her and had her holding a baby with an ogre mask.  Looked really freaky but hilarious!

Again, I'm really bummed that I missed you guys and Brian's BBQ.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »
Sean, I would love to meet your Mom, she sounds great!  I like her already!  I also took my Daughter & her friend to see the cow when she was home on leave! Your Mom is already fameous all over the world! (no addresses or identifying info!) Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2008, 02:47:58 am »
i am so bummed out that i missed the party.  sounds like you all had a great time.  maybe next time.....:-(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2008, 02:58:13 am »
i am so bummed out that i missed the party.  sounds like you all had a great time.  maybe next time.....:-(

There's always next year.  I'll host and you guys can plan your hearts out.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:44 am »
I, too, am totally bummed we couldn't be there.  I've just read through the whole thread from the party on - Greg's work schedule won't let us take off around that time of year! We can only hope.....I'm so glad you guys all had such a great time!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2008, 10:42:22 am »
Brian, I haven't forgotten about your offer to host another bee barbeque, just keep forgetting to make a comment here.  I think it would be a very cool thing to get together each year, I would certainly be in again, and I would do all the planning and work for you.  Let's talk more about this come the late spring, I am sure that it would be a wonderful event to plan yearly, why not, life is worth that living!!!  Have the most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2008, 05:42:01 pm »
If you guys decide to do it again let us mods know and we'll sticky your topic at the top of the forum page again!
It seems to have worked out swell for you.

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:16 pm »
I take it that this was a private party ?
On 9-7 I asked how many attended this shindig, nobody replied !
Looks like 14 pages of posts but I see very few names of those that attended.

Guess I really don't need to know anyway.

Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2008, 06:35:21 pm »
I think there was an open invitation to forum members.Brian Debray hosted the get together and it was attended by Cindi and husband Ken from British Columbia Canada, Understudy and wife Janel from Florida. Sean Kelly had planned to attend with his family but had to cancel at the last minute.I believe poka bee and her husband also attended.
There were a couple others that wanted to attend but couldn't make the connections at the right time. Keep your eyes posted for other get togethers.
 In August My wife and son and I got the pleasure of meeting Up with Beemaster(John) and his wife Tracey,PDMAttox(Dallas), and Chris(CWBEES) at the USS New Jersey in Camden. It was a great meeting as I'm sure the west coasters had!

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2008, 10:40:16 pm »
If you guys decide to do it again let us mods know and we'll sticky your topic at the top of the forum page again!
It seems to have worked out swell for you.

Yes, indeedy.  And many thanks.  I would recommend others doing a regional Beemaster's picnic.  Hey, some of us might be able to make it to more than one. 

It was very entertaining and enlightening to find that the personality displayed on the forum is the same in person as on the net.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2008, 10:40:35 am »
I take it that this was a private party ?
On 9-7 I asked how many attended this shindig, nobody replied !
Looks like 14 pages of posts but I see very few names of those that attended.
Guess I really don't need to know anyway.
Bee-Bop

Bee-Bop, I feel some sadness in what you are saying, I am truly sorry that your queary was not fully answered.  I will tell you in-depth here, maybe that will make you feel better, you need a response.  And yes, you need to know.  I thought that one of the posts indicated who attended.

The shindig was a barbeque that Brian Bray had put on for any members of our forum that wanted to come.  It was definitely not private, it was an open invitation.  There are several of us members that live in the Pacific Northwest within several hundred miles of each other.  More would have attended, but stuff happens in peoples' lives.  And distance is a huge factor.

Brian had been planning this event since the spring time and it was an enormous undertaking for him, and I take my hat off to that man!!!  Next year, we hope that we can do this again, only this time, he will lean on me to help organize it, get the foods readied, and so on.....and I willingly take on this responsibility.  I would hope that this could be a yearly get-together for those that can attend.

As Ken (Buzzbee) was saying, those that attended were:

Brendhan and Wife, Janel, from Florida
My Husband, Ken and me, from British Columbia, Canada
Poka-Bee (Jody) and Husband, Bruce, from Washington
And of course, Brian, whose home we had the celebration at

Now KathyP, from Boring, Oregon and Sean, from Buckley Washington were going to come too.  Kathy had to go to do some work with the Red Cross with a tragic storm, and Sean could not attend, I am not sure why, he probably told us, but I have forgotten that.  He had something very important that came up and he could not come with his family, probably the new baby, they don't travel well.

Bee-Bop, I hope that this cleared up what you were wanting cleared up,  8-) :) :) :)  Have the most wonderfully awesome day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2008, 11:09:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply; I just thought with this thread being so long, it was a larger gathering of folks.
 Glad those that did attend had a good time.

Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2008, 11:21:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply; I just thought with this thread being so long, it was a larger gathering of folks.
 Glad those that did attend had a good time.

Bee-Bop

When it comes to parties, it's not the quanity but the quality that counts.  We had a quality party.

anything