Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: VINAGER VAPORIZER  (Read 11809 times)

Offline GNHONEY

• New Bee
VINAGER VAPORIZER
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:42:15 am »
has anyone tried the vinager vaporizer i love I wont even try anything else I have tried lots of other things that just did not work for long the vaporizer is my tool for mites very simple to use to I really thank some beekeepers just dont want to spend time in the beeyard and try to do a quick remdey by just throwing in strips and using harsh chemials if you ever get a chance to have a another beekeeper let you use hiS or hers just one time you will be hooked to top it off its all natural

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: VINAGER VAPORIZER
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:57:29 pm »
could one use OA vapourizer? and what do you have to say about this plan of home invention?
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9922/vaporizervs7.th.jpg

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:41:10 pm »
has anyone tried the vinager vaporizer i love I wont even try anything else I have tried lots of other things that just did not work for long the vaporizer is my tool for mites very simple to use to I really thank some beekeepers just dont want to spend time in the beeyard and try to do a quick remdey by just throwing in strips and using harsh chemials if you ever get a chance to have a another beekeeper let you use hiS or hers just one time you will be hooked to top it off its all natural

GNHONEY; WELCOME ABOARD THE FORUM. Yes i've tried and have a vinegar vaporizer. I've had mine for several years, wouldn't be without it. what kind do you have? Mine is a cyclone manufactured in Altoona Iowa.    Charlie

Offline GNHONEY

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:00:18 am »
I have had mine for four years have not lost any bees to varroa that sure makes me thank back before I started using the vaporizer go to one yard in the spring and find ten out of tweentyfive dead but now in the spring maybe one or two out of tweentyfive from varroa kill  :)

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:08:20 pm »
I just got off the phone w/ inventor of the cyclone, Maurice Arndt. I had a very interesting and lengthy conversation w/ him. He advises that testing was done, and it was compared to Checkmite. The study was funded by Bayer, the maker of checkmite, and concluded checkmite was better. Arndt sued over tortious product intervention and was succesful. Alleged data was 'messed" w/ and he prevailed in court received damages. His product is very expensive at $525 US. He is sending me the literature to read. He swears by this method. Thought I would add this info for public consumption.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:44:40 pm »
His product is very expensive at $525 US.

With 10$ you may handle 70 hives with oxalic acid. With that apparat's price you may handle 3700 hives.

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 01:59:06 pm »
His product is very expensive at $525 US.

With 10$ you may handle 70 hives with oxalic acid. With that apparat's price you may handle 3700 hives.

Finsky;  Did you forget? Oxalic acid is not legal in this country. Adee honey farms was fined for the use of it.
                                       Charlie

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:50:44 pm »
yes Finsky, its very expensive. Particularly for two hives! I just wanted to do some add'l research. OA is not approved and Adee farms was fined $14,000. Additionally, OA is only available as wood bleach. I have no ideas if this is the same quality and percentage of OA needed for bees. Rarely do "silver bullets" exist for any problem. This sounds promising and I am continuing to follow up w/ some research where applicable.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 02:51:30 pm »
Finsky;  Did you forget? Oxalic acid is not legal in this country.

If the vinegar vapor is not approved for pesticide use and it is used as such that would be illegal here also. 
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 03:15:16 pm »
Did you forget? Oxalic acid is not legal in this country.

And acetic acid has been approved?   Who owns the certificate?

Adee honey farms was fined for the use of it.

Actually they were find for using unapproved chemicals and the towels that were found contained Fluvalinate and oxalic acid.  Most believe it was the use of the Fluvalinate that got them in trouble.  What if the towels were found with Fluvalinate and acetic acid?

It sort of like saying a guy who committed murder with a stolen gun is serving 30 yrs for possessing a stolen gun.  Don't ya think.....

For the record, I have no preconceived opinion of using acetic acid. In fact, other than claims in a magazine ad,  and the few that have given there opinion here, there is not much info available.  It sure would be nice if the manufacturer had a website.  In fact, I've never even seen a picture. 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 03:16:51 pm »
I just got off the phone w/ inventor of the cyclone, Maurice Arndt. I had a very interesting and lengthy conversation w/ him. He advises that testing was done, and it was compared to Checkmite. The study was funded by Bayer, the maker of checkmite, and concluded checkmite was better. Arndt sued over tortious product intervention and was succesful. Alleged data was 'messed" w/ and he prevailed in court received damages. His product is very expensive at $525 US. He is sending me the literature to read. He swears by this method. Thought I would add this info for public consumption.

KONASDAD; Several years ago when varroa and tracheal mites were just coming into our area no one knew what they were or how to treat them. Beekeepers were loosing as high as 80% of over winter bees. Then came Apistan, going to solve all problems, it didn't. I didn't want to use chemicals so elected to use essential oils.

Mr. Robert C. Knoel Cumberland Maryland did an experment THE "Hygienic Factor" and Essential Oils. A lot of very good information was obtained out of that study,
but to use essential oils and tracking systems was very time consuming.  Also with oils weather was a factor to consider.

The last winter prior to purchasing  my vaporizer from Mr. Arnts I lost a little over 50% of my bees, most beekeepers were loosing 70-100% I saw the ad for the vaporizer in the a.b.j. I called Mr. Arnts we talked about the amount of bees i lost,
he explained the way the vaporizer worked and pointed out to me the money i could save by not having to buy packages of bees every spring. Morey Arnts talked me into buying his vinegar vaporizer. Let me tell you I am very glad that i did.

I haven't purchased a package or nuc, since owning my vaporizer. In fact i sell nucs
and make splits for other beekeeper. This is the kind of research we need, Beekeepers shareing and careing because we have done it and it is successful.
Right Michael Bush?           Charlie

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 03:29:04 pm »

You have in USA good legal methods. You may use them. They are very effective when you use them as tehy are recommended.

I have no mite problem. It is there. Vain effort to be angry to me.  :lol:

DON'T DO AS I SAY, USE YOUR OWN BRAINS!

Offline GNHONEY

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:39 pm »
FINSKI I JUST WANTED TO SAY LIKE ONE OF THE OTHER BEEKEEPERS SAID. IT IS NOT CHEAP TO BUY A VAPERIZER TO BE GAIN WITH BUTT IN THE LONG RUN IT PAYS OFF BY NOT HAVING TO BUY PACKAGES OR SPLITS EVERY YEAR. I IM STILL AMAZED AT HOW WELL IT KICKS THE SHI- OUT THE MITES                     GNHONEY

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »
KONASDAD; Several years ago when varroa and tracheal mites were just coming into our area no one knew what they were or how to treat them. Beekeepers were loosing as high as 80% of over winter bees. Then came Apistan, going to solve all problems, it didn't. I didn't want to use chemicals so elected to use essential oils.

Mr. Robert C. Knoel Cumberland Maryland did an experment THE "Hygienic Factor" and Essential Oils. A lot of very good information was obtained out of that study,
but to use essential oils and tracking systems was very time consuming.  Also with oils weather was a factor to consider.

The last winter prior to purchasing  my vaporizer from Mr. Arnts I lost a little over 50% of my bees, most beekeepers were loosing 70-100% I saw the ad for the vaporizer in the a.b.j. I called Mr. Arnts we talked about the amount of bees i lost,
he explained the way the vaporizer worked and pointed out to me the money i could save by not having to buy packages of bees every spring. Morey Arnts talked me into buying his vinegar vaporizer. Let me tell you I am very glad that i did.

I haven't purchased a package or nuc, since owning my vaporizer. In fact i sell nucs
and make splits for other beekeeper. This is the kind of research we need, Beekeepers shareing and careing because we have done it and it is successful.

Sounds eerily similar to my story,  except I couldn't afford $500 on something that didn't have much of a track record (at least not readily available),  so I went with the JB200 based upon all the experience widely available from Europe.  Same results though.

I'm assuming this is what you have?

I find it amazing that this thing was patented over 15 years ago,  and if it is as good as you say (once again, I'm not questioning your claims) why is there no details available anywhere on the internet?  This guy either needs to hire a consultant to market it, or sell the rights to someone who can.

You use 20% acetic acid, not the readily available grocery store 5% right?  Any issues procuring it?

Would love to see some actual photos of it in use.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 08:42:01 pm »
>Right Michael Bush?

If it's working for you, that's great.  I'm enjoying not treating at all.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 11:11:29 pm »

Sounds eerily similar to my story,  except I couldn't afford $500 on something that didn't have much of a track record (at least not readily available),  so I went with the JB200 based upon all the experience widely available from Europe.  Same results though.

I'm assuming this is what you have?

I find it amazing that this thing was patented over 15 years ago,  and if it is as good as you say (once again, I'm not questioning your claims) why is there no details available anywhere on the internet?  This guy either needs to hire a consultant to market it, or sell the rights to someone who can.

You use 20% acetic acid, not the readily available grocery store 5% right?  Any issues procuring it?

Would love to see some actual photos of it in use.

robo; No this is not the unit i have. I will try to post a picture.
No I use a 25% acetic acid mixture. circulated through the bee colony for 30 seconds.      Charlie
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:09:47 am by Robo »

Offline GNHONEY

• New Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 11:44:59 pm »
CHARLIE I USE 25% ALSO ARE YOU GOING TO BE SELLING BEE THIS SPRING IF SO HOW MUCH IM FROM MICHIGAN AND WAS LOOKING TO BUILD UP MORE HIVES WITHOUT TAKING BROOD FROM MY HIVES THIS WAY I CAN GET SOME EARLY HONEY.  I HAVE THE ORIGINAL VAPERIZER HOW MUCH BETTER IS THE CYCLONE VAPORIZER.       GNHONEY

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 10:11:20 am »
>Right Michael Bush?

If it's working for you, that's great.  I'm enjoying not treating at all.

Sidestepped the ultimate question. You obviously have lots of contact w/ many people w/ lots of bee knowledge. Any anecdotal evidence to suggest this works for others as well?

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 11:37:01 am »

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 11:42:42 am »

This is the Vinegar vaporizer tha i have. It is only to vaporize vinegar.

anything