Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: OOWWEEEee e ee..e.!!!  (Read 4069 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
OOWWEEEee e ee..e.!!!
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:58:02 pm »
Did a last check on the girls today.  Went to push the top down on the smoker & grabbed the side...OH MY! Burned all 4 fingertips on my L hand, burned em good!!  Hurts worse than all stings combined!  Am typing w/R hand..soaking my poor pinkies in ice water.  Took motrin for swelling & ended up taking 2mg hydromorphone to take the edge off.  Good news is that both hives are doing great. They have 24-26 md frames of honey & comb for 32.  Gave em some syrup so they could finish filling the open comb & any spots left wherever.  Is 4 8frm. boxes enough for winter? Not much brood & few drones. Still busy bringing in lots of pollen. It's been frosty @ night but 60 day temp.  Off to whine on the phone to my daughters!!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: OOWWEEEee e ee..e.!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:13:02 pm »
Did a last check on the girls today.  Went to push the top down on the smoker & grabbed the side...OH MY! Burned all 4 fingertips on my L hand, burned em good!!  Hurts worse than all stings combined!  Am typing w/R hand..soaking my poor pinkies in ice water.  Took motrin for swelling & ended up taking 2mg hydromorphone to take the edge off.  Good news is that both hives are doing great. They have 24-26 md frames of honey & comb for 32.  Gave em some syrup so they could finish filling the open comb & any spots left wherever.  Is 4 8frm. boxes enough for winter? Not much brood & few drones. Still busy bringing in lots of pollen. It's been frosty @ night but 60 day temp.  Off to whine on the phone to my daughters!!  J

I'm wintering mine with 3 medium 8 frames.  It's not the size of the hive that's important but the size of the cluster in relation to the available stores.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Koala John

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:21 am »
Hope the pain goes away fast - burns are dreadful aren't they?

May your Winter be a good one for your bees.

Offline NasalSponge

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:39:09 pm »
Sorry to hear that! :( My wife says to rub salt on a burn right after it happens and it reduces the pain.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:47:25 pm »
Yeah, I did that to my fingers this year.  OW ow ow ow ow!  The pain recedes in a day or so, and if you can resist popping the giant blisters they will go back and all you will have left is a callous.  I got impatient and popped one of the blisters and was sorry that I did.

It is amazing that cool water makes it feel that much better...until you take it back out of the water.  I really can't beleive the pain from burns, and with only a little burn was really feeling bad for burn victims that have massive burns!

Rick
Rick

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:07:23 pm »
 OUCH! I am a firm beliver in smearing the sap from an aloe plant on a burn immediately. I keep some for just that use. Sure seems to help and heal faster.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:38:28 pm »
Darn Poka...no dancing for YOU!!! Sorry ya learned that one...My mentor has a shielded smoker for that reason.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:43:28 am »
Darn Poka...no dancing for YOU!!! Sorry ya learned that one...My mentor has a shielded smoker for that reason.

I have a shielded smoker too, but forgot about the holes in the fingertips of my gloves :roll:.
Rick

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 05:12:54 pm »
 I just did the same thing too! But I used a more primitive method of cooling my fingers off....I popped them right into my mouth!
 I've had Diyaweeyuh ever since!..I went from burning up there to burning down there!!

your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 06:55:48 pm »
I just did the same thing too! But I used a more primitive method of cooling my fingers off....I popped them right into my mouth!
 I've had Diyaweeyuh ever since!..I went from burning up there to burning down there!!

your friend,
john

What were you "Smoking" that would cause Diyaweeyuh?  Hemp rope would have just made you high.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 07:14:49 pm »
 Now that you mentioned it Brian. I reconsidered what gave me Diyaweeyuh. This dude who gets furniture from me, well,we were discussing bloody noses as I get them every day.
He gave me something called"Nobleed" and you stick it up your nose..........So i did.....
 about 3 hours later my stomach felt funny......Everything I ate for lunch was sealed, you know, sardines, applesauce, mandarin oranges....
 Sooo, I think maybe something got into me via my nose holes, you know, like the flu or something. Maybe this stuff was old and had changed into something germy. So, i've been sitting here broken hearted........Tried to**** LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa :-\

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 11:18:35 am »
Now that you mentioned it Brian. I reconsidered what gave me Diyaweeyuh. This dude who gets furniture from me, well,we were discussing bloody noses as I get them every day.
He gave me something called"Nobleed" and you stick it up your nose..........So i did.....
 about 3 hours later my stomach felt funny......Everything I ate for lunch was sealed, you know, sardines, applesauce, mandarin oranges....
 Sooo, I think maybe something got into me via my nose holes, you know, like the flu or something. Maybe this stuff was old and had changed into something germy. So, i've been sitting here broken hearted........Tried to**** LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa :-\

your friend,
john

John, what more can I say, you are one funnnnnneee dude.  I am sitting here laughing my guts out, (quietly and in my mind, of course).  You gotta be one of the most blatent, and tell-it-like-it-is, kind of guys, your description of your body parts, (like nose holes) is so ding dang funneeeeee.  Have that wonderful and most fantastic day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 11:27:02 am »
Jody, oh, that is awful, burns are one the nastiest things.  I have burned my fingertips on a smoker some time ago, not as badly as you have been burned, but they surely did hurt.....Something you must look into, trust me on this.  Colloidal silver water is a miracle cure when it comes to healing certain things, and burns are one of them.  They use it in hospitals for burns, maybe in Europe mostly though.  Not sure of the use here in the Americas.  Take some time, do a little research on colloidal silver water, how to make it yourself (it is only pennies to make, versus $20 or so for 750ml in the health food store).  If you need clear instructions on how to make it, PM me, I will help you.  I think that you are the type of person that may believe in alternate medicines, and this is certainly one that is worth its weight in gold for many, many applications.

Last summer I had the honour of treating a child that had some pretty severe burns on her arm from some boiling water.  I used colloidal silver water and honey.  When she was taken to the doctor to have it looked at after a few days, the doctor asked my Daughter (it was my Daughter's friend's Daughter) what was being used for healing.  My Daughter was a little reluctant to tell the doctor because she may have thought it to be hokey pokey, but she told her anyways.  She told the doctor that her Mother was using honey and colloidal silver water, the doctor then told my Daughter to tell me to keep on using these things because the curing of the burn was nothing short of miraculous.  We know of the curing properties of honey, but also colloidal silver water is powerful too.  Just my thoughts here, girl, take them as you choose.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 03:40:09 pm »
Thanks everyone, my fingers are healing nicely.  You can see where the heat guard wires were, blisters then regular skin stripes!  How I managed to get inbetween the wires is beyond me!  Now it's cool cause the outside skin is dead so it's kinda numb, my sense of touch is less in those fingers.  I keep fiddling with them to see if the feeling is back yet!  Cindi, I have some of the silver water..didn't even think to use it. :?  I will PM you to find out how to make it myself.  I got mine buy 1 get 1 free last year..think I still have a bottle left.  I use it all the time for cold prevention & other things.  You are right, I am open to other than regular Dr. but not an extremist as I don't have time or patience to mess around being sick!  Too many things to poke & bother around here!  This next 2 weeks I will be spending 3-4 hours driving Chels back & forth to school.  Her Mom told her Wed night that if she wanted to live with us she had to go that night..of course it was 10pm.  She is in a play @ her high school so will stay there till it is over on the 16th then transfer to the one close to here.  Stupid witch... That woman is just plain mean spirited & selfish, never putting the kids best interests 1st always her agenda.  My hands itch to slap her silly, you know, like when your kids try spitting at you!  Enough complaining, gotta get the hay out of my car before hubby sees that I had it in there :evil: :roll:  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 03:41:19 pm »
Ouch!  Was that with the smoker I gave you?  I burned the heck out of my fingers on that very same smoker when I first got it.  Gota be careful with my new jumbo smoker cause the guard only goes three quarters up.  Burns suck.

By the way, I don't think I'm gunna go to this month's bee meeting either.  I have a dentist appointment for 5 cavities that day at 3pm.  So all depending on how I feel that evening.  I'll call you for sure.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 10:06:49 am »
I know how you feel Jody. You are a great person for taking care of your niece. My hat off to you.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 10:31:17 am »
That woman is just plain mean spirited & selfish, never putting the kids best interests 1st always her agenda.  My hands itch to slap her silly, you know, like when your kids try spitting at you!  Enough complaining, gotta get the hay out of my car before hubby sees that I had it in there :evil: :roll:  J

Jody, well, your fingers should be just about healed by now from the burn.  You can take on that woman now if you choose  :evil: 8-) ;) :) :) :).

You bad girl!!!  You been putting hay in your car, whilst Hubby wasn't lookin'?  Oh that be bad.  You should see my poor car too, I have a toyota four door and the trunk has been full of straw, hay, the back seat full of bags of chickenfood.  Me bad too.....I don't know how he puts up with my antics.  He does put up with alot.  He has a truck.  I could use the truck, but I like my car.  My trunk is huge too!!!  I can fit two bales of straw in there.  What I do do though, is put the straw inside an industrial size black garbage bag, so only the top of the straw pokes out (oh, oh, I am using that "poke" word, just like you, hee, hee).  That way only the back part of the trunk has straw sticking out all over it.  I should be a little more careful, hee, hee, you too, girl!!!

I think Cheals is your Step-daughter?  Is that right?  I think Irwin may think it is your Neice, please clarify for us.  Have the most wonderful and awesome of days, Cindi

anything