Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: American Blackout  (Read 3036 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
American Blackout
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »
Did anyone see "American Blackout" on NatGeo?

Notice anything stupid?

or smart?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: American Blackout
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
Okay me first,

When the kids got out of the elevator why didn't they take the stair case down instead of running to the window ledge and calling for help?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 11:53:29 am »
i missed it.  darn. meant to watch.  wonder if it will be on again?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »
I think it's been on a couple of times since I've posted. If you've never tried to think something like this through it would be a good one to watch. Otherwise you'll find yourself saying, "you're kidding?"

An example, a cute gal was in her blacked out apartment building. She heard some noise coming from the stairs so she went to check it out - wrong answer.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:08:16 pm »
She heard some noise coming from the stairs so she went to check it out - wrong answer.

don't they always do that though?  that's what makes for a good 'B' horror movie!

I read One Second After when it came out.  it was not a literary masterpiece, but it was a very good read.  have to admit, there were things in there that i had not though of.  + it sounded like my little town.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:25:12 am »
My (former) supervisor was raised up around that neck of the woods, Black Mountain, NC if I remember right. I been aiming to buy that book and give it to her.