Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A New Beeginner  (Read 3098 times)

Offline pcroy48

• Brood
A New Beeginner
« on: June 03, 2005, 09:51:12 am »
Greetings to all Beekeepers from NE Indiana! I am in my second year of keeping bees and hopefully will have better luck than I did last year.  I currently have two hives, but I am equiped for a third, with hopes of catching a swarm in June. I did have a swarm move into an empty hive last October, but well, you can guess the outcome there. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about beekeeping.

Offline cheesedog3

• Brood
    • http://www.miabeenut.com
wannabee beekeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:55:35 pm »
Hi everybody

My name is Patricia (cheesedog3).  I am new to the group. I live down in Miami, Florida.  Right now, I am reading all I can about bees/beekeeping.  I am lucky to have a mentor who has been beekeeping for about 20 years.
He has showed me his hives and taught me a lot so far.  

I realize that I have a lot to learn.  I plan on getting started with real bees by
next spring.  I want to get all of the wooden ware in place first.

Any other South Florida/Miami people out there who wants to contact me,
please do.  I would love to talk about bees and your experience with bees
here in the sunny south.

:D
Beekeepers do it with honey!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
A New Beeginner
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:24:02 pm »
Welcome to both of you - I'm sure you can find great answers and different opinions on practically everything that can happen in the bee yard here :)

I had a good Winter, both colonies survived and have thrived into the late Spring quite well. I need to really get extra supers on the hives though, take advantange of heavy (record breaking pollen flow) which greatly increases brood production and eventually honey storage.

Welcome aboard the forums, hope to see you both post often :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
A New Beeginner
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 08:19:02 pm »
Its great to have you two both join us! I and alot of others are looking forward to reading your post, see ya on the forums :D
Ryan Horn