Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Monsanto(Evil Inc) goes after beekeepers  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Monsanto(Evil Inc) goes after beekeepers
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:53:28 pm »
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,611582,00.html

I consider Monsanto one of the most sinister companies out there. This helps confirm this.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
Re: Monsanto(Evil Inc) goes after beekeepers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:04:11 pm »
I really hope they are eventually booted out of Germany. I'm not a fan of them after hearing how they sued farmers for violating their patents because they happened to be located next to another farmer using their products. They couldn't exactly stop their fields from getting cross pollinated.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Monsanto(Evil Inc) goes after beekeepers
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:51:13 pm »
perhaps the villain is the law? 

a district court in the Bavarian city of Augsburg ordered Bablok to stop selling, or even giving away, his honey. As a result, he became Germany's first beekeeper who delivered his honey to a waste incineration facility.

what is the demonstrated damage done by GM pollen in a hive?  in honey?  none that i know of.  Monsanto may or may not be "evil".  they do make it possible for crops to be grown with fewer pesticides and less loss, thus keeping cost and poisoning (of our hives) down.  seems this might be a net win for all?

the have deep  pockets and they are a money making, big, and innovative company.  this very often = target.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.