Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: And this egg thought it could  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
And this egg thought it could
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:09:15 pm »
Well, will ya get a load of this.  My Husband went to let the critters out of the henhouses this morning.  He found an egg.  It must have fallen out of the chicken's bum, right onto the roosting platform.  I have a platform that is below their roosts so it makes it easier to clean up their overnight messes.  And man, do they do a whole lotta pooping at night.  But so easy to clean up, smiling.

THis egg is the egg of all times.  It must have been quite soft as it landed on the pooping board and the bottom flattened out.  Go figure.  Anyways, we have been having the strangest eggs now and then.

Last week there was a tiny egg born that had no yolk.

Another time there was a tiny egg (these are all big brown chickens that lay big brown eggs) born.  This little egg was speckled (looking kind of like a turkey egg).  It had weight to it.  It was not empty.  BUT....at the end of it on the pointy end, there appeared to be a hole.  Obviously the hole did not go right through, otherwise the egg would have been empty.

I was too afraid to crack that egg with that hole in it -- it gave me the willies, so I just dispensed of it.  That is a secret what I did with it, smiling.

I am kind of worried to crack open this flattened egg too, it is giving me the willies as well, eeeeeeks!!!!!!

Lookie at this egg!!!  AND.....have that most wonderful and great day, to love and have as your own, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: And this egg thought it could
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:26:43 pm »
Cindi had that happen one time she laid it on the driveway.  :)
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:38:04 pm »
Name it Dimples  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beehappy1950

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 09:20:47 am »
Looks like you need to get some oyster shells from your feed store to put more calcium in your egg shells.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:27 am »
BeeHappy1950.  My chickens have tons of oyster shell around, always have.  This egg was rather softish for it to flatten like that, perhaps she doesn't eat the oyster shell, smiling.  Have that great, most awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:46:55 am »
Looks like you need to get some oyster shells from your feed store to put more calcium in your egg shells.
Cindi knows chicken's better then the back of her hand. Just take a look at some of her post's in farming and country life. Here is one.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3654

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:02:13 am »
Irwin, you crack me up and you maka me blush.  I only like to tell stories and tales, smiling, I am no professor at the chickens, but love to have many and look after them and have some fun.  BTW, the link you put in is to my profile, not a post, smiling.  Have that great, most awesomely wonderful day, to love and live with the best of health.  Cindi

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 11:16:01 am »

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 06:19:12 pm »
Oh Cindi, what a wonderfully weird egg! By all means open it!  I have one hen that lays an egg the size of a large duck egg,  they are always misshapen with weird shell stripes!  The Marans and Welsummers are laying now, cute little pullet eggs.  A lady that works on the farm too has a 2 year old boy so I saved 8 of the tiniest ones for him.  I just love your pics!  So good to see you on again!
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard