Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new queen changing hives?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline tlamboxford

• Brood
new queen changing hives?
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »
Has anyone ever heard of a new queen leaving a hive for another in the beeyard that had a larger bee population but was queenless?

Offline tlamboxford

• Brood
Re: new queen changing hives?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:36:23 am »
Yes it has occured in Oxford , Alabama. The new Queen decided to take up with a queenless hive with less space and more Bees. Thanks for all the help BeeMaster.. I guess if I had been a first year bee Keeper than you would have fed me some BS and moved on... this site is a waste of time. Tell you what take some chemicals and treat your bees ..then tell everyone you have to treat them.. Such great advice from a bunch of cattle getting on the truck. Remember the Bees have been here longer than you. : :mrgreen:

Offline MacfromNS

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:21:53 am »
WHAT is your problem, you post at 9:40 pm and you want answers by 2:30 in the the morning (my time) and it's 5 more hrs. before I'm reading it.Someone will answer your question if they ever heard of it but sorry I have not.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling.
And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
Mac

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:44:16 am »
After that post, he can work his own bees. He doesn't need any help from an idjit like me.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:07:09 am »
Patience grasshopper, patience....
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:18:32 am »
Yes it has occured in Oxford , Alabama. The new Queen decided to take up with a queenless hive with less space and more Bees. Thanks for all the help BeeMaster.. I guess if I had been a first year bee Keeper than you would have fed me some BS and moved on... this site is a waste of time. Tell you what take some chemicals and treat your bees ..then tell everyone you have to treat them.. Such great advice from a bunch of cattle getting on the truck. Remember the Bees have been here longer than you. : :mrgreen:

WOW 2nd post on a new forum and you come at us like that :-x Hey mods keep an eye on this one!
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:23 am »
wow he had only been registered for a few minutes when he posted his first post. One heck of a way to introduce himself. I believe i would move this post to the greetings section and let people form there own opinion of this guy. Guess he has never heard the ole saying the first impression is usually the lasting impression. I got to go off to vaction from the field. The cattle truck im on is about to pullout and i will loose my wireless connection talk to you all when i get back to the field  :-D
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 11:17:06 am »
he didn't read much either.  if he had, he'd know that many of us don't treat our bees.  he's also know that for one question there are usually 10 opinions given.  more like a herd of cats than a herd of cattle   :-D

either a troll or a drunk....since we are into forming uninformed opinions  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:52 am »
Since our site is such a waste of time - I'll make it so we don't waste his time any longer. This is obviously a troll and is going away now. I'll keep is posts intact though, incase anyone wants to read the hoopla :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 10:32:59 pm »
Quick work from the team.....
thanks for keeping it "sane" here.   :shock:
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline wadehump

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 09:59:12 am »
see ya

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:50 am »
Since our site is such a waste of time - I'll make it so we don't waste his time any longer. This is obviously a troll and is going away now. I'll keep is posts intact though, incase anyone wants to read the hoopla :)

Thank you John/Beemaster
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

anything