Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What to charge  (Read 4557 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
What to charge
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:36:08 am »
what is the going rate for charging on bee hive removal from homes or buildings? most do it for free but people say a bee romover should charge something, i think the bee's are good enough pay but this removal Im doing tomorrow is in a county building and the lady in charge said I need to charge them for the removal.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
What to charge
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:39:14 am »
Do you have to tear out walls or what? Would you have to repair damage or do they agree to do the fixin'?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
What to charge
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 08:42:39 am »
I will be tearing out a overhang, maybe a wall but I don't repair damage, thats the home owners responsability, well I know what to charge if they want me to repair but this is just removal of a beehive with the ladies no repairs.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
What to charge
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 08:53:40 am »
They want you to charge them for the removal but you feel the bees are enough. Figure it might take you about 3 hours to tear into the place and what gas you might use going back and forth. If you really don't want to charge, then figure what won't hurt them. Are they rich or poor? What did the bug guy charge for the bombing? Personally I would go about $30 if the place is close to home or $50 if there was some travel time involved.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
What to charge
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 02:34:10 pm »
I would charge $15 A hour.  By the time you add up gas, your time and supplys this sould work out about right.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
What to charge
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 02:42:11 pm »
Not trying to discourage you from charging,  but make sure you understand the legal ramifications.  Does that infer you are a business?  Do you need liability insurance?  Do you need a license?

Once you start charging, I'm not sure you can claim ignorance or "friendship"    if issues arise.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
What to charge
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 05:50:32 pm »
If I had to charge it would be for gas and the bees would pay for the work. Maybe a little for the work would be ok but I dont want to charge a ton, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
What to charge
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 04:04:07 pm »
I see you said this was in a county building. Personally, without a license and all the legal stuff...... since dealing with city officials and all..... I wouldn't touch it. You just don't know what could go wrong. Just me and my thoughts. I'm not in your shoes though, nor do I know anything about how well you know this county person.

Beth

manowar422

What to charge
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 04:52:37 pm »
I agree with Robo! Watch out when dealing with BIG BROTHER...

Offline Gramma Debbie

• New Bee
What to charge
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 04:03:47 pm »
Well, don't listen to me because I know nothing  :P   But this is my experience on the subject.  I just got an email reply a few minutes (not from someone on this forum  :D )  To remove a new colony of bees, in a portable compost bin, would be $275.00.  The compost bin is easy to move and lift, and they would be able to take the bin with them to facilitate removal of the bees.  

Debbie

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
What to charge
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 06:02:25 pm »
Yeah some people are greedy.

Offline burny

• New Bee
charge them
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 06:49:00 am »
i charge 40 bucs an hour for lawn mowing....i think capturing a live hive of bees requires a little more risk and is not something every tom, dick, and harry does.   i'd charge them good....dont you pay taxes?   get some of it back...its the american way.

God bless
                                      burny