Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pheromone,  (Read 2543 times)

Offline beebloke

• New Bee
Pheromone,
« on: April 23, 2005, 07:24:09 am »
HI
Ive been wondering lately if beekeepers give out  have a pheromone similar to a queen bee :D

Over the last few years i have come into contact with other beekeepers through some ways totally unconnected with bees.

Today a bloke pulled up to look at a ute tray,he has bees. the other day I was in a tool shop looking at stuff to knock up some hive bodies,the shop guy asked me what i was actually up too,He had kept bees and was going to get back into them.There have been many other times that I seem to have stumbled across other beekeepers.

Do we give out a beekeepers pheromone that attracts other beekeepers :D  :D  :D
Thanks,
Beebloke.

Offline FordGuy

• House Bee
Re: Pheromone,
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:27:25 pm »
First let me say I am just a dumb country boy...but if I assume the truth/accuracy of your statement, could it be you subconsciously smell the honey left on their hands?  I wear gloves every single time I work my hives and often  have residual honey smell on sleeves, wrists, etc.

Quote from: beebloke
HI
Ive been wondering lately if beekeepers give out  have a pheromone similar to a queen bee :D

Over the last few years i have come into contact with other beekeepers through some ways totally unconnected with bees.

Today a bloke pulled up to look at a ute tray,he has bees. the other day I was in a tool shop looking at stuff to knock up some hive bodies,the shop guy asked me what i was actually up too,He had kept bees and was going to get back into them.There have been many other times that I seem to have stumbled across other beekeepers.

Do we give out a beekeepers pheromone that attracts other beekeepers :D  :D  :D

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pheromone,
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 12:20:13 am »
Since I have gotten into bees I have learned that many people I have known for years have raised or still raise bees. bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
Pheromone,
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 10:26:18 am »
Hi there beebloke. Yes it is truly amazing how you find out people you know keep bees, or have kept bees. I was walking around the property of a good friend of mine, and discovered some bee hives. I enquired about them and she said "yeah, my mother and I keep those". I think its amazing the amount of people in my region who just keep one or two hives, without joining a club or a forum such as this, so you just don't know a lot of them exist.

Great to have another aussie onboard. I'm from Healesville, about 60 k's NE of Melbourne, VIC. I think this site is great for aussies to see how things are done around the world.

Have fun,
James.
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline bill

• House Bee
Pheromone,
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:41:59 pm »
HEY AUSSIES
     I almost got there in the early sixties. I was kinda stranded in England (Bloke Wife) I heard about the twenty pound program and wanted to go there instead as it seemed a lot like texas from the australians in the factory where I worked. and I wanted to catch wild horses and camels and such. alas my wife wouldn't go< I always felt I missed something there. My friend who did an automotive engineer apprenticeship at Ransome and Rapiers did go and did very well. I only found him again when I got a computor. My wife has an uncle retired from the mines in Queensland.He visited us in Texas when he got his retirement travel and ooo the stories he told about the wild and woolly aussie Cowboys
billiet