Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: It's Iron Bowl Weekend in Alabama!  (Read 1608 times)

Offline lmehaffey

• House Bee
It's Iron Bowl Weekend in Alabama!
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:05:35 pm »
This one may be appropriate only to SEC football fans, but I heard it yesterday and got a chuckle out of it!

A high school football player found himself in the enviable position of having to choose among scholarship offers from three excellent college football programs: the University of Tennessee, Auburn University, and the University of Alabama. Not knowing which would be best for him, he went to his father for advice.

"Dad, I just don't know where to go - Tennesse, Auburn, or Bama? What do you think?'

His father, an Auburn graduate, told him that he wasn't sure what to advise him, and sent him to speak with his mother (who held her degree from Tennessee). His mother also avoided the "advice trap" and told her son to go and see what his grandfather had to say.

"Pops, I really don't know what to look for in a college. I've been seeking advice from Mom and Dad, but they don't know what to tell me, either. have you got any advice?"

The old man, a long-time SEC fan and retired minister, just handed the boy a Bible and said: "Son, just open this Book and let the Almighty be your guide. I've always done this and never been disappointed."

So the boy laid the Book on the table in front of him, opened it randomly to Ezekiel 20:29 and read ......

(you'll have to read the rest for yourself!)

BTW: War Eagle!!!  I'll pull for the Tide in the Championship, but until then, a man's gotta be true to his Alma Mater!
It is what it is.......except when it isn't.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: It's Iron Bowl Weekend in Alabama!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »
Soooo, is that supposed to be funny???
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline lmehaffey

• House Bee
Re: It's Iron Bowl Weekend in Alabama!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:42:32 pm »
I warned you it was mostly an SEC thing...... :)
It is what it is.......except when it isn't.