Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: JP is Famous! Break.Com has a JP video featured!  (Read 4759 times)

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
JP is Famous! Break.Com has a JP video featured!
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »
Break.Com has a JP video featured!

Click here for Video.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: JP is Famous! Break.Com has a JP video featured!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:42 pm »
that's great.  and you gave annette a plug too  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:56:15 pm »
Cool.    But ain't those bees going to sting him?   :-D

Older video there also.   So JP, how much you making off that site?

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:56:50 pm »
that's great.  and you gave annette a plug too  :-D

Yep my bad! I was almost late for a meeting (yes I was at work..don't' tell my boss) and I rushed to post! Yes... Miss Annette and her Famous Lady Umbrella is/are famous also!! Congrats to all!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »
Hey, let's face it. The guy is GOOD.    :cheer:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:24:58 am »
Nice easy swarm!!! Congrats JP!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:41:06 pm »
Some strange things have been happening the last week or so. I receive emails to my phone when someone has made a comment on any of my videos. I've been telling my wife that something weird has been going on because I had been receiving an extraordinary amount of subscriptions & messages so I decided to check my channel. My video  "Huge Honey Bee Swarm On Vehicle" a week or so ago had something like 24,000 hits but within what seemed like a 36hr period the views went up to near 100,000 which is pretty incredible, I guess.

Looks like I may have missed the boat big time Thursday night as I received a youtube message I will share with you folks. Apparently a story aired on ABC news Thursday night (which I have not seen) that I could have been included in. A young lady who works with Diane Sawyer sent me the message with her contact info Thursday evening. At the time I was on a roof top removing bees for Sears & didn't have a chance to check the message until later on that night.

My wife & I were uncertain if the message was bogus or not but when I called the lady yesterday I was told the story was real & that it in fact aired Thursday night. Bummer! At her request I did send her my contact info for any future pieces they may be doing on bees.

Here is the message I was sent:

Urgent ABC News request: Bee video on car
Hello,
I work for ABC News "World News with Diane Sawyer". We're doing a story for TONIGHT about bees--including the incredible bee swarms that have occurred lately. Your video is incredible. We are interested in the video that you posted on Youtube called "Huge Honey Bee Swarm On Vehicle"at Huge Honey Bee Swarm On Vehicle
We'd love to include it in our segment.
Please let me know if you are authorized to distribute the footage by the individual who shot it or if you can put is in contact with the reader who submitted it. Also, please let me know if we may show this video in our ABC News programming, which is distributed worldwide, all media, in perpetuity. We will gladly provide an on-screen credit on the video. Please contact me either by email at (her email) or by telephone at (her phone number) as soon as possible to confirm our clearance to use this material in our programming.
Please let me know what you think, and thank you in advance for your help.
Best,
Catherine
Sent to: JPthebeeman

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:46:57 pm »
Cool JP!......."and so it begins".

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »
Kudos JP. 

It's good that you are able to demonstrate the intelligent side of handling bees instead of the usual publicity stunts like covering your crotch with bees.   And that you are getting "Prime Time".

Bees need more people like you and Schawee, Hardwood and others, to remove some of the myth and superstition for people in the general public.

Have fun!

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:30 am »
JP, make sure you hold out for the big bucks when they come to sign a contract. Now we can all say, hey! I used to know that guy!!! :-D

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 03:08:48 am »
I was reading some of the ridiculous comments down below the video, but someone posted this one

"How does Billy the Exterminator have a show, while this brilliant Bee Whisperer goes undiscovered?"

AMEN!!

Way to go JP!!

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 03:50:19 am »
I don’t normally watch any network news, but when I heard ABC was going to run a story about bees going wild across America, I had to see how they were going to spin it.  Were they going to apply the normal scare tactics, or do a piece based on facts and not fear? 

To their credit, they didn’t sensationalize the story too much.  It was a piece about how swarms of bees are popping up everywhere this year.  I believe they had a clip of a swarm that moved into somebody’s walls in Louisiana; or down south someplace.

Funny thing is swarm season pretty much ended up here a couple weeks ago.  Yes, we had a ton of swarms this year, but LONG before ABC news figured it out.  LOL.

+1 for JP and his videos, -1 for Billy 

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
Hey, JP, can I bee your agent? I only want 10% of the bees you collect, you can keep all the money...... :-D  I, too, was disgusted by some of the comments below the video. It's just further proof that some people just shouldn't breed.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »
You might as well start advertising on your shirt and hat.

I would go for the big honey marketers like Sue-Bee

Great job JP "THE CHUCK NORRIS OF BEEKEEPING" :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »
Y'all are too funny! Thanks for the kind words.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything