Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sick chickens, healthy chickens, yea!!!  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Sick chickens, healthy chickens, yea!!!
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:24:43 am »
Well, through a lot of hard work, babying and hard work, our chicken yard is free of the sickness that they contracted.  Definitely a respiratory issue.  We lost a total of 7, and as the old saying goes "only the strong survive."  These that died may have been older or just plain and simply, not healthy to begin with.  All remaining chickens are healthy, running around like there was no tomorrow.  Many of the chickens did not even contract this illness.  We had medicated the water and it worked.  A long haul.  We again have learned a hard lesson, these are the lessons that stick with us for life.

Our other chickenyard is going strong, the sickness never was passed to them, and they are happy as can be, the young chickens are almost as big as the older stock now, that is good.

These are the chickens that we have in this yard that had the illness.  I counted them yesterday, to ensure that I knew exactly now how many we have:

20 brown sexlink hens
1 golden coloured hen (no clue the breed)
4 Plymouth Barred rock hens
3 black sexlink hens
1 white Leghorn hen (I think)
1 white hen (no clue the breed)
1 Araucana hen
1 Barred Wyandotte rooster
1 mottly looking rooster
1 rooster that looks like a black sexlink chicken

So, all in all, I am happy, thanking goodness we are over this nasty thing that these poor birds have recovered from, drinking, eating, happy as can be.  As am I.  Have a beautiful and great day, loving this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service