Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Are you PLEASED with the Season Finales of your shows????  (Read 3527 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Are you PLEASED with the Season Finales of your shows????
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:39:23 am »
This last week a lot of TV series have closed up for the season, were you pleased where they left you hanging?

Over the last month or so, Madmen, Weeds, The Big C, Warehouse 13 and many many others have buttoned it up for the season. Except for Madmen, I think the above shows did a pretty good job of ending their seasons.

Weeds, can literally end now and it was a good series finally IF they don't come back. I don't think Weeds will come back unless they finally do as I had hoped 3 seasons ago, have the family go into Witness Protection. This season was pretty good, the Botwins were on the road hiding from Nancy's husband Estaban, the road trip added some fun to the storyline - something that it lacked the 2 previous seasons.

The Big C had something of a "2 partner season finale" which I think was done well. It is their first season finale and I have no doubt it will be back.

The new show THE WALKING DEAD is going on episode 4 of 7 and STRONG (record strong) in the ratings - another blockbuster by A&E like their biggest hit Breaking Bad. I haven't watched Rubicon (I will though, I like to sit down and watch a full day of episodes, it is so much easier to follow complicated plots. Those of you who watch likely know if it is worth coming back for season 2.

The other show I haven't followed is The Event - I saw episode 1 and some of 2, again I need to catch them all at once, but it isn't a ratings grabber as NBC had banked on, so let me ask you - do you think it will be back?

Warehouse 13 is just a fun show and had a bit of a cliff hanger. It's one of those shows where you can't help but like the cast. No doubt it will return )IMHO).

Madmen, a really good show really didn't have much of a season ender. Sure a few things we find out are interesting, but no nail biters there.

SO... what else you watch has ended and do you think it will be back?

I've mentioned that The Surface had the best cliff hanger I ever saw and it was canceled a few days after the 1st season ended. Adversely, Jericho was canceled and the fans rebelled by swamping CBS until they made enough shows to end the story, not leave it hang with a whopper of a hanger.

So, what's got your attention and which shows out there do you think are NOT coming back?
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Are you PLEASED with the Season Finales of your shows????
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:13:02 pm »
i have been watching The Event.  i DVR it and have not gotten to the last episode.  i like it and it's gotten better as it's gone along.  pretty good scifi cast.  thing is, they base all the ratings on live viewers and so many of us don't watch live anything anymore.  they need  a better system because they tend to kill good shows and keep crap that couch potatoes like to watch.

warehouse 13 is a great show.  one of my favorites along with Fringe...
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
I am so disappointed by the ending to flash forward. Anyone else see this, if so can you explain the ending to me??

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:41:47 pm »
I do not remember the last episode of Flash Forward but I believe it was leading up to a next season, and then it was canceled.  :'(
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »
I did see a thingy on Showtime that Weeds and The big C were returning in 2011. I believe it will be the season for Nancy to be in Witness protection.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »
I do not remember the last episode of Flash Forward but I believe it was leading up to a next season, and then it was canceled.  :'(

It certainly felt like it wasn't really finished. That is a bummer.