Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lindas bees vandilized at Blue Heron  (Read 3406 times)

Offline LoriMNnice

• House Bee
Lindas bees vandilized at Blue Heron
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:50:24 pm »
Did anyone else read Lindas blog? The hives at Blue Heron were vandilized. What kind of idiot steals honey? :-x
Lori

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Lindas bees vandilized at Blue Heron
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »
I read that.    Sad.   There is a lot of stupid out there.   

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »
What can I say? That's the way it is now. I had a friend's hives knocked over by some kids on 4 wheelers two years ago. People don't respect other people's property any more. Heck, these people don't even respect the police. Larry

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:46:56 pm »
in todays world anything can happen.in augest i had 4hives and 4nucs stolen from me.      .....schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 04:03:56 am »
I had a new temp at work a couple months or so back.  He heard I kept bees and of course tried to butter up to me cause im the supervisor with questions about bees, and this and that which really was more annoying than anything.  Soon he got comfortable and was telling me how him and his buddy would kick hives over when he was a kid.  Did he seriously think I was going to find this amusing?  Hello, Im a beekeeper, and beekeeper or not, vandalism is not cool.  For several reason that added up I sent him down the road.  Punk!

I know my bees should be out of harms way by location but I probably should set up some trail cameras so if it does happen to me, hopefully someone in the neighborhood will recognize the punk/s.

Has anyone seen the movie, "idiocracy".  This movie may be one of the lamest movies ever but much about it is so true.  The dumbest breed like rabbits, while the smart, brilliant, educated folk have one kid maybe when they turn 35 or 40.  Soon humanity in this country will be overran by a race of idiots.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:31:59 am »
Bee-nuts;  I think we're already there :-D. being overrun by idiots, that is.

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:53:33 am »
I had one hive vandalized earlier this year.  It was installed at a location in a neighborhood where most people have fruit trees and gardens.  All of the neighbors were extremely upset.  The property owner then installed a game camera to keep and eye on it, and all the neighbors keep watch as well.  They would have armed the guard bees if they could have found small enough guns....  I put the hive back together, and kept an eye on it.  It survived the attack, and thrived quite well.

Offline oliver

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:59:33 am »
Lost most of mine years ago to 12 g shotgun blasts through the brood chambers, they were on private property out of sight thought they were safe, picked up the empties, would have liked to stuck em up somebodys nose.dl

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:29:31 pm »
Dang, that's too bad about Linda's bees, such a nice sweet lady. Who steals hives? Low down bee keepers that's who. Who vandalizes hives? Kids, teenagers or angry adults who likely haven't grown up yet.

Gotta watch your back and hope and pray for the best in this wacky world we live in. And be as positive as you can. I believe in paying it forward and putting out positive vibes because I believe what comes around goes around.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline windfall

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 08:45:00 pm »
JP,
That is a beautiful attitude. It's what I try to remember when the rage starts rising.

Their have been and always will be stupid, selfish, and destructive people. Not much will change that, but it certainly isn't something new. I think we just become more aware of it as we grow older and gain perspective.

Offline beewitch

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »
I have been to a hive inspection at Blue Heron with Linda as it's just down the street from where I work.  It's a great community nature preserve - terrific for in-town education.  But it's also on a major road with heavy traffic - auto and pedestrian.  And evidently some really stupid, selfish "locals".  So sad.  We need more dedicated beeks like Linda, Julia and Noah who give their time and experience to novices like me.