Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Latest On Golden Bee Suits  (Read 17086 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
The Latest On Golden Bee Suits
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:30:06 pm »
I ran into Suzie Lemoine today at the Home Depot in Kenner, Louisiana. I overheard her talking with a customer about bee suits and inquired if she was speaking of Golden Bee suits.

Suzie is the daughter of Phil & Noelie Lemoine, who invented the suit. I had heard that the old man had died but it was in fact Mrs. Lemoine who has passed.

Suzie is carrying on with the business end of production. The new phone# is 504-456-8805. For those who are unaware of their suits they are the finest around, albeit a little costly, but you get what you pay for, this is fact.

Suzie and I spoke and I was able to give her some honest feedback about the suit. She was very receptive. My only complaint really is with the gloves that come with the suit, and she said she wanted ideas as they were looking to make changes to the gloves, anyway.

Anyway, if you are interested in a full suit that is about as sting proof as any suit you could ever find, look into getting one. They are also vented by design to allow breeze into the suit, which is great on hot days.

...JP

Oh, and to John and all the mods of this site. I hope it was ok to make this post. I just thought people would like the info and update. I'm not trying to endorse anything here, even though I do own one of the suits, just thought people would like to know. Let me know if it was ok to make this post, if not I'll know for next time. Thanks.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: The Latest On Golden Bee Suits
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:53:39 pm »
Thanks for the update.  They are well worth the cost.  I would like to buy another one for a spare.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:57:28 pm »
Michael, I will be seeing Suzie next week to drop mine off for some minor sowing repairs, Anything you would like me to tell her? Need any flyers?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:09:00 am »
I'm stretched a bit thin right now, but if things go well I'll probably order another one this fall.  I'm glad you got an up to date phone number.  I will pass it on to the other lists.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:43:01 am »
Do they have a website ??

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Do they have a website ??

No website as of yet. Mom and Pop were old school, Suzie is looking at bringing things up to par. For now, you could call her and she can send a flyer.

...JP

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 05:06:44 pm »
I'm glad she's going to keep it going.  It is a wonderful service to the beekeeping community to have them available and she deserves to make some money for doing that.
-------------------

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:00:47 pm »
I have one suggestion. I called them last year and inquired about a pollinator coat/jacket and the answer was at that time no. As a hobbiest, a full suit is overkill and expensive. If they made a pullover jacket w/ hood, I personally would be all over it. So many have "promoted" the coat, I can only assume it is very well made. I like buying things once and only once if possible.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:44 pm »
I also would love a jacket.
-------------------

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 08:15:43 pm »
I will def. mention this to Suzy guys.

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 08:37:04 pm »
I also want a jacket!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 08:46:45 pm »
Just got off the phone with Susie (correct spelling, my bad before) and let her know people are buzzing about their product and would also love it if a jacket was offered. She likes the idea! I will meet with her next week and we can discuss things. Will keep everyone informed. Man, I sure would like a jacket as well! Great idea Konas!

...JP

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 09:33:14 pm »
Why just a jacket?  Do the bees not sting legs too? I am new at this and have seen the jackets in the catalogs, but I have not understood why the different choices.
Brian

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 09:54:35 pm »
Why just a jacket?  Do the bees not sting legs too? I am new at this and have seen the jackets in the catalogs, but I have not understood why the different choices.

Personally, my jeans or dickies are enoiugh and a lot cooler. Also, as a hobbiest who will never encounter AHB and doesn't do removals, a jacket is all thats needed. It takes me longer to loite smoker, don veil than do inspections most times.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 10:01:29 pm »
Jacket? My summer uniform from April - September is short pants. A jacket alone would make for a bad day.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 10:42:02 pm »
Jacket? My summer uniform from April - September is short pants. A jacket alone would make for a bad day.

Steve

Well, ok Steve, I just did an installation in my underware and that was it. Maybe next time I'll go a la natural, ooh, that could hurt though!

...JP

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 11:42:29 am »
So Jp what are the prices looking like? I have a friend that wants to get into the bees but he first wants to start out by helping me. I am also trying to present bee keeping to the FFA here, hopefully some kids would be interested.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 04:39:18 pm »
So Jp what are the prices looking like? I have a friend that wants to get into the bees but he first wants to start out by helping me. I am also trying to present bee keeping to the FFA here, hopefully some kids would be interested.

Call Susie for pricing @ 504-456-8805. She will need your measurements.

...JP

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:27 pm »
Just a general going price, $250, $500, less than $100?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 11:39:34 pm »
Just a general going price, $250, $500, less than $100?

I think I paid $229.00 for mine.

...JP