Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 1st Year Beekeeper From Northern Kentucky  (Read 2739 times)

Offline nkybeekeeper

• New Bee
    • My Website
1st Year Beekeeper From Northern Kentucky
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:02:53 am »
Hello All,

Wow, this forum is great...I'm a first year beekeeper from Northern Kentucky.  I took the plunge this past April with two hives I keep on a local farm here in Burlington, KY.  Over the past few months, I've had a great time learning about apiculture and just how masterfully created bees are.  Cincinnati Magazine is publishing a story about me in their August 2008 issue which should be interesting.  I hope that it encourages many more in the area to become hobby beekeepers. 

My main interests are in producing honey to sell to family and friends, making mead (I'm already a wine and beer brewer), and in getting back to simpler times and 'unplugging' from the noise of the world.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: 1st Year Beekeeper From Northern Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:15:11 pm »
nkybeekeeper.  Welcome to our forum, yep, I have to agree with you, this forum is a wonderful place.  We will be your learning tool.  We have experienced beekeepers and many new beekeepers, and some that don't even have bees yet, but will.  The honeybee is the most fascinating thing, their world is mysterious, and delving in with them is so much fun.  You one day will have that honey that you want to share around, and it will give you great pride to do so.  Stick around, enjoy your stay with us, here you will meet new friends, any questions that you want to have an answer to will be answered, tell us your tales and experiences, we all love to read and listen.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:03:04 pm »
Just saying a howdy and I've been listening to your podcasts and frankly VERY well done. I wanted to let you know that you surely are an avid writer/speaker about the hobby and bring a fresh newbee prospective that is very nice to see.

I hope the forum here makes your list of good websites, I know that you will find LOTS of material here to fuel your podcasts - honestly, you can almost take any post from General Section, study up on it and put together a show that would be educational and entertaining.

I've been where you are, started blogging/email newsletters/built the educational section at Beemaster.com / started the forum and over 10 years since Beemaster's Birth we have done incredible things. So I know your passion will grow with experience. I hope you take the time to learn as much as you can from all those who have decades of experience here on so many topics, the more you know the greater your project will expand and I see great things for you in the Online world of Beekeeping.

I resigned to the idea that having more than a hive or two is out of my physical abilities any more, today I'm a happy man just being Beemaster Forums' Founder and co-admin: Where Beekeepers make Beekeeping Better!

Again good work, I especially love your photos BTW, I love late afternoon colors in photos, professional photographers travel the world to get those kind of colors - BRAVO!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:00:40 pm »
Hello and Welcome Nkybeekeeper
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 09:04:10 pm »
Glad to have you here.  :)