Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for plans for various types of hives  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Kyle

• New Bee
Looking for plans for various types of hives
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:58 pm »
I am interested in finding plans for various types of bee hives.  I most interested in finding plans for German Normalmaß bee hives, Slovenian type bee hives and Russian type hives.  Sorry I don't have any photos to give a better idea of what I mean--I don't have other names for these hives that would be more descriptive.  I believe that the German style and Russian style hives for which I am looking for plans are variations of Langstroth's original design.

I am not interested in comments like "Why in the world would you want anything other than the standard Langstroth style hives sold in the USA?"  All my hive components are for this type of Langstroth design; and I don't have any problems with them.  I like my Langstroth hives.  I just want to experiment with other styles but not top-bar or Warre types.  No particular reason for not wanting to try top-bar or Warre, just not interested in those types at this point.

Thanks for any leads,
Kyle

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Looking for plans for various types of hives
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:23 am »
A wealth of information on different types of beehives and be found here -> http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/textlinks.html    It is not the greatest laid out site,  so it may take a little digging.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Kyle

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:14:04 pm »
A wealth of information on different types of beehives and be found here ->    It is not the greatest laid out site,  so it may take a little digging.

Thanks Robo

Offline Dickydoo

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:07 am »
You can also try beesource.com

Offline flyboy

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:46:42 pm »
I ended up using the Dummies book "Making Beehives for dummies"
Cheers