Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just a welcome to catch your attention  (Read 8026 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Just a welcome to catch your attention
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:14:31 pm »
Thought I'd post the new forums Beekeeping section of with a notice to catch people checking for new posts. Here is a section for all thouse down Under to collaborate their special needs and also you have a General Chat Room here to now. Best wishes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
Re: Just a welcome to catch your attention
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:25 pm »
Hey! Great news.

Although we have made many friends in the US and Canada on the forum I have to admit always looking out from members on this side of the equator. Whilst many of our problems and joys are shared, ours are either 6 months behind or in front of the northern hemisphere. I like to think ahead as we are closer to the international date line than you guys :roll: :-D

But it is nice to chat with others who are in sync seasonally with yourself and to have more of an idea about what is going on in our neck of the woods at the same time.

Already I have been corresponding with a few Aussies and now I hope that more come out of the woods

Mick

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:41 am »
John, this is cool  8-) 8-) 8-), great idea!!  Have a most awesome day, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

just updating - "How do you like the new fourm - anything you need added", let me know and I'll see if I can add it!

John
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:15:38 pm »
John,

I think the new Down Under part of the forum is great and its nice to see some of the forum members from the US having a go. Pity we have yet to see someone from the other side of the ditch poke their heads up.

As far as needing anything new added at this time.. we are too busy taking the mickey out of each other to be too concerned with getting down to serious discussion. Perhaps that will improve with a little time.

Would be keen to see a few more beeks from around the place posting.

Mick

Offline Koala John

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 02:31:41 am »
Thanks for thinking of us John, I've just noticed the Aussie section now - fantastic!
Regards, John.

Offline DavidJ

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:57:34 am »
Hi there,

I'm David from the north side of  Brisbane. I have two hives  at the moment but hoping to expand next year. My wife and I started beekeeping about 10 months ago. I was however the "smoker boy" in an apiary many years ago.

At the beginning of spring I extracted three full depths of super and these are now filling fast!

Regards,

David

Offline Koala John

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 06:42:33 am »
Welcome aboard David, sounds like you're off to a great start already. I hope the rest of the season is as good if not better.
Cheers, John.

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 09:46:52 am »
I think this is great.  Now our brothers below the Equator can deal with fellows experiencing the same seasonal questions or climate problems.  Of course, I plan to stick my nose in from time to time and see what else I can learn.   8-)

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »
You're more than welcome Lenape

Mick

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:17:05 pm »
Am I allowed to sneek in as well?  Ill go and visit yall if I can.. :-D
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline robbo

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:47 am »
Cheers John, just noticed the new Aussie/Kiwi area :)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 08:05:31 pm »
Post printable coupons for some vegmite!

your friend,
john

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 12:25:46 am »
Thanks Boss!

It wont take long for this to be the number one beekeeping forum in Australia, if it aint already! Youve filled a big hole in beekeeping Downunder!

Offline Meadlover

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »
This is a great idea and as SlickMick said it is great to get in contact with people who are in the same region.
I think this will be of a great advantage to us since our conditions and pests are a little different ie no Varroa mite yet (fingers crossed), endemic SHB  :-x, and luckily for the sandgropers no AFB over there yet  8-).

I think of even more advantage to us is educating ourselves NOW on things like the varroa mite, so that WHEN it shows up, which it will sooner or later, we have already learnt from those who have done it the hard way, and we can put things into action to prepare like IPM systems.

Look foward to the continued sharing of valuable information on this great forum.

ML

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 02:31:29 am »
I can't believe I've only just noticed this forum! been to busy workin...
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 02:39:44 am »
Welcome to the Aussie side of the forum, YV. There's lots to chat about over here

Mick

anything