Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Massive hive in house  (Read 7933 times)

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
Re: Massive hive in house
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 11:26:51 am »
Ohio doesn't have a law against it. I think some states do. The legitimate exterminators I have talked to all told me they don't like honey bee calls. If they are a hazard to the residents, they will kill them, but they try to leave them alone if they aren't a hazard. They also don't want to do the cleanup afterwards!

Offline SerenityApiaries

• House Bee
    • Swarm List - West Coast Beekeepers
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 03:04:52 am »
I actually had a colony removal call where the homeowner had sprayed the bees prior to me coming out. It was a simple enough removal but reminded me of the video JP posted. Homeowners were so upset about killing the bees that they insisted I take their money even though my only interest was to save what was left of the colony.
Amazingly, it has been a few weeks and the colony has strengthened and the queen cell I salvaged from the comb hatched and their numbers are on the rise. I will allow them to build up their comb before i dispose of the old comb. Its good to see when my efforts aren't in vain.

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »
Saw a van with a logo on the side there a few weeks ago, but couldn't read it. Haven't heard from the tenant or owner for quite some time, so I am sure it was the exterminator.

anything