Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Please Report all issues with the new forums here  (Read 39152 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Please Report all issues with the new forums here
« on: November 01, 2006, 12:04:19 pm »
Please use this topic to post any issues that are found with the new forums.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
Re: Please Report all issues with the new forums here
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:12:03 am »
My password didn't work.. went to help section for passwords..  tried using the "Forgot Password" section..  hitting the "Send" button didn't do anything.

Finally got in w/ new password. 

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:50:57 pm »
the " all blue" theme is a bit...how should i put it...emm, it's not easy on the eyes, new posts and things should be more obvious, anyway i find it difficult to browse normaly.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 01:25:41 pm »
Ken:

About the password, glad you got it to work with a new password, some people MAY need to change their passwords to a higher security level (at least 8 characters, an upper case and a number) especially new members (those JUST registering now will need to do that) it is a security feature you will find nearly everywhere today - I use that same format in my workplace as a Federal Employee. I could lessen the password restrictions, but to do so would defeat the purpose of having greater security. I assume others may find a similar problem and I'll post on this issue, thanks for bring it up and glad you got it worked out.

Mici:

The color scheme is a default scheme that comes with the layout theme of the new forum. I know the two-tone brown was very easy on the eyes and practically a trademark look for the old forum. Shortly, I hope we will have the ability to NOT change themes, but have color options within the themes. You see, themes are how the buttons and features are placed and not all themes are alike, many have lots of features, some have less and tracking multiple themes and especiallt trouble shooting can be a full time job, something no one needs to deal with - it would be an administrative headache and one to the membership (imagine posting certain posts using smileys or scrolling text and other readers couldn't see any of that because of theme issues) that is something like what I'm saying.

We are addressing issues like these, and COLOR OPTIONS are very likely to come soon. The layout willl not be changing for some time - so get use to where all the tabs and buttons are, it really is an easy JUST DIFFERENT layout - and when color options come, I'll announce it. Hang in there, things will always get better. But for now, we have made substantial improvements in your personal security, elimination of spam (hopefully) and a forum that will continue to grow with few threats from the evil doers to forums.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:07:22 pm »
My password didn't work.. went to help section for passwords..  tried using the "Forgot Password" section..  hitting the "Send" button didn't do anything.

Finally got in w/ new password. 

Ken,

The help section is like a manual and although it does show the screens to make the descriptions easier to understand, the panels in the help area are not active.  To get to the active Log In screen,  either click on the login link or Login button under the beemaster.com logo.  The secret question will only work if you have defined one in your profile.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline atthelake22

• New Bee
  • Pausing to give thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 10:57:09 pm »
 :-\ Not sure if i like the new forum, not sure if i am doing all i need to do to be able to message and ask questions, really will take a while to get used to BUT i appreciate so much your extra efforts to update and keep everything easier for the members, I know i will love it as much as always did once i get used to it, so thank you for your hard work. BUt have a feeling i will be asking a lot of questions like what is the icon for GLOW do? and Marquee? is there a section on the site to help those of us not so savy on the computer scene to learn what these mean, I don't want to send something that may not be appropriate or what i want to send...but DO want to thank you for this site, it is my MAIN source for information and soooo helpful. Sincerely, atthelake
"...so shines a good deed in a weary world" dahl

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 11:10:21 pm »
This is glow
This is Marquee
There is an extensive help section right next to Home on the main tab.

Here is the help on posting that talks about all the options
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?action=help;page=post

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »
I made a change to one of my posts regarding the brown versus the blue theme.  When I went back to make sure the modification was on the post, I did not see the italicized note that the post had been modified.  Is something not quite working right.  When I modified the post I did push the save button at the bottom then posted it, is that the correct procedure, do we save before we repost, or do we have to repost the original post, not quite sure on this matter.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 10:15:40 pm »
Cindi,

There is a courtesy edit wait time of about 1.5 hours before a post will be marked as last edited:

There is also a edit time out of about 1 week after which, the post is no longer editable.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 11:32:52 pm »
I am not sure if it is a problem with something on the forum or if it is on my computer.  This is what I have been experiencing for quite a few days now.

I have noticed that sometimes it takes a fairly long time for the "green bar" at the bottom of the screen to stop showing that it is loading (I'm not sure if that it what it is doing) something.  For example, tonight I made a apost and it took about 3 minutes for the post to get posted, basically my screen froze until the message was posted.  This is kind of unusual.  I just notice it takes quite a long time for many posts to even show up sometimes,  I mean longer than the usual second or two, it may sometimes take about 20-30 seconds. 

Have other members made any reports of this nature?  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »
Ventrilo gang cant get into photo page
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:49:57 pm »
Not sure what you mean by photo page, but if you mean ImageShack,  that is not part of the Beemaster server.  It is a free service that we provide a link to using. If you can not get to it, chances are their server is experiencing a problem and you'll have to wait until they fix it.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 01:44:55 pm »
I meant the online image gallery but its all ok now i can get in.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 02:21:11 pm »
Cindi:

I just did an OPTIMIZATION TABLE PROCESS ( a feature in the forum which I figure mostly better arranges data for faster flow ) I noticed some loading lag too and now I don't see any. I'm hoping that fixes the issue - I'll add it to my weekly task list :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 09:38:01 pm »
John, much appreciated, I was becoming VERY frustrated a few times because it took so long to load, I almost jumped up and down LOL.  Again, thank you for taking the time.  Take care.  Great day. Cindi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 07:30:46 pm »
John, I'm noticing that lag again in a big way, it takes forever to post and the green bar just keeps getting stuck on the 2nd or 3rd bar.  I actually lost a post because I got so fed up with waiting and thought that I could just the "back" button to go back to the forum.  I lost the post, live and learn.  I thought that it might still load the post information although I had gotten out of the screen.  Kind of frustrating.  I noticed this lag gettng worse this morning too.

Do you think that it might be something to do with my computer, maybe I should look within as well.  Great day.  Cindi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 12:31:54 am »
Noticed there is quite a lag with retrieving posts and sending responses to posts.  Quite annoying and has made me kind of tired of waiting.  I am sure it is something simple. If it is my computer, let me know.  Maybe I need to do something on my end.  Best of the best day.  Cindi

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 07:29:27 am »
I have noticed a lag also on occasion it usually passes for me. Somedays it is more noticables than others. It may be a bandwidth issue.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 09:07:09 am »
Cindi,

I notice you have been having troubles with PDFs and pictures as well.  All of which seem to be working fine for me.  So as Brendhan stated, it was probably a bandwidth issue, which could either be on your end or the server (or both).   But hopefully it has passed.  If not, it would indicate your end as the issue.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:51 am »
Robo and Brendhan.  thanks.  I will keep an eye on it.  I told my husband about this issue and he said that it may be our server and if it keeps up he will contact them to ascertain what the issue may be, because it is very irritating.  I find sometimes things are quite slow when loading my laptop some mornings in particular and this needs to be addressed as well.  Thanks.  Have a great and awesome day.  Cindi

anything