Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Alert the media - Swarm Virgin NO-MORE! :-)  (Read 3707 times)

Moots

Re: Alert the media - Swarm Virgin NO-MORE! :-)
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:27 am »
Congratulations!  It's all gravy from here.  Before you know it you'll be doing it with only a veil as protection.

Thanks D,
They were very nice bees  :)
I considered not even suiting up...but figured standing atop a 10 foot ladder, better safe than sorry!  ;)  I'm glad I did, I really wasn't expecting it to come apart like that when I cut the limb and I ended up with quite a few bees on me.  Don't necessarily think they would have stung me, but it may have freaked me out just a little.  :laugh:

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38:42 am »
HOORAY! Moots! 

Congratulations!  What great news! Sounds to me like you did it perfectly!

So, are you gonna call that hive "Madonna" ?  :-D

love,
ziffa

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 10:40:36 am »
moot I cant type capitals but   YAHOOOOOO  GOOD FO YOU BOY   now you done got yo cherry broke  forget you got a vac on swarms get you a bucket and pole and if they too hi for that let them fly. no bees worth getting hurt over
ps on the suiting up tell bailyi said fo him to go get you a bud bee suit and I will pay him for it when I see him in a coupla weeks  as a first swarm present    congrats boy
to bee or not to bee

Moots

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 10:55:00 am »
moot I cant type capitals but   YAHOOOOOO  GOOD FO YOU BOY   now you done got yo cherry broke  forget you got a vac on swarms get you a bucket and pole and if they too hi for that let them fly. no bees worth getting hurt over
ps on the suiting up tell bailyi said fo him to go get you a bud bee suit and I will pay him for it when I see him in a coupla weeks  as a first swarm present    congrats boy

LOL! I'm almost afraid to ask what's a "bud bee suit"....I know a bailey bee suit is a set of scrubs and a pair of crocs!  :-D

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
Ha... Moots I am sure it doesn't cost much to catch them in your birthday suit..... :evil:  I'm thinking a bud bee suit isn't much more than that.... Lol
Marshall

Moots

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 12:48:49 pm »
Ha... Moots I am sure it doesn't cost much to catch them in your birthday suit..... :evil:  I'm thinking a bud bee suit isn't much more than that.... Lol

B,
I'm afraid we're on the same page here. :lau:

Any word from your co-worker on the status of potential Swarm #2 for you?  You're a better man than me, I would have been on that sucker last night.  :-D....But then again, I do see your point, 0400 comes awfully early!  :)

Hoping they're still there for you today after work.

Good Luck!

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »
His wife said they are still there at this moment, but obviously that can change at any time... Didnt find out til after you told me about your swarm. Around 9:00 or 9:15 last night... Like you said 4:00 am comes quick and it would have been 45 minutes each way... Important to me, but not that important...lol  :-D If it was meant to be then it will.....
Marshall

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »
Moots I was on the phone with Bailey when I went get my first swarm in Houma. About the size of a cabbage ball and is the biggest strongest hive I have. Put it in a top bar hive thinking that was the route I would take bee keeping but have since went to langs. I still have that hive in a top bar and they love the box and made two nucs from it so far and plan another in the coming week possibly. I have another top bar just like it and the hive I have in it is booming also and will probably use them for nucs splits from now on. Just think in a year from now you will bee asking yourself how many is too many and do I have the time.  :-D
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »
Hummmm.    Any one else seeing a pattern here?
Excitable kids calling home to say what they are looking at.
Good jobs guys
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.