Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Frame storage  (Read 2194 times)

Offline melliphile

• House Bee
Frame storage
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »
A few years back, in one of the journals, I remember an article about building and outdoor rack to hang and store drawn frames.  Anybody ever hear of such a thing?  Or, does anyone store their empty frames outside in the winter?
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Frame storage
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:18:53 pm »
Here in Fl you'd be begging for wax moths or at least invasion of all kinds of roaches etc. I would have to find a more secure storage area.
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
Re: Frame storage
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:26:42 am »
Sure, I've heard of it, I know someone who has one. It's two pipes placed so that frames will rest on them as if they were in a hive box. They are built so that when the frames are in place, they are tilted 45 degrees into the sun to the east in the summer. The sun helps keep the wax moths at bay. When temps get lower and rains start, put top covers over them to keep them dry or move inside for storage. If you are where it is cold and snow, leave outside as wax moths won't be a prob in cold winters.

anything