Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdee from Florida  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Santa Caras

• House Bee
Howdee from Florida
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »
Hi All. I live in Lakeland, Fl (outside Tampa) on 5 acres in the country with a creek in the back.  I keep 2 acres of that wild...dont mow, dont cut, hardly even go back there to that corner.  I keep the 2 acres wild to give the critters in that neck of the woods somewhere to hang out. i've seen foxes, possums, racoons, owl, hawks, woodpeckers...you name it (well short of a couger anyway) I've seen it in my yard. So...as for beekeeping, i've always been intrested but haven't gotten around to it so I'm looking into it to start the process. Thanks everyone for the much needed info. Really looking forward to my first sting!! (not!)

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Howdee from Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Santa Caras.  There are lots of threads and videos here that can help.   Also try to find a local bee club.  Good luck to you.

Joe

Offline Santa Caras

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:19 am »
Welcome to the forum, Santa Caras.   Also try to find a local bee club. 
Joe

Hi Joe,
Yes thanks for the welcome. There is the Tampa Bee Association that meets just around the corner from where I work. I'll be attending their monthly meeting next week and thinking maybe I can aprentice with someone to help learn the ins-n-outs.
Take care,

SC

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 11:58:33 am »
Welcome SC!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »
Welcome Santa Caras,  :cheer: The lower 1/4 of my place is going 'natural', at least that is one of the excuses I give my wife. Every year I throw more wile flower seeds out there and my wife and my bees love it.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

anything