Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wood Bound 8 frame queen excluder  (Read 2948 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Wood Bound 8 frame queen excluder
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:30 am »
I bout 5 metal 8 frame queen excluders, today I am told by the Apiary man that I need more room at the top and he said that the wood bound wood be better for my hives...Dadant has 10 frame...I checked Brushy  Mtn...the do not have them...anyone out there know of a supplier of these wood bound 8 frame queen excluders?

Thanks

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Wood Bound 8 frame queen excluder
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:16:16 am »
Try either Western Bee out of Poulson, MT, or Miller Bee Supply of NC.  I believe I saw a wood bound queen excluder on 1 or the other of those sites.  I could be wrong though.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 01:20:02 am »
Thanks I'll give them a shot...

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:03:56 pm »
>I bout 5 metal 8 frame queen excluders, today I am told by the Apiary man that I need more room at the top and he said that the wood bound wood be better for my hives..

I don't use excluders much except in queen rearing, but when I do use them I prefer a wood bound because of the beespace on the top.  However, I don't know of anyone selling eight frame ones.  If you find one let us know.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:06:16 am »
Guess we'll have to improvise with making our own frames for the metal excluder that we have...I wasn't prepared for this...oh well...I'll keep looking, my guess is if YOU can't find them , I won't either..hhhmmm

anything