Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Reagan telling Soviet jokes  (Read 8054 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Reagan telling Soviet jokes
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »
Well this is the last time I post Reagan telling jokes.     :-D

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 01:19:34 am »
BigBear and Kathy:

I'll trust 128 bit encryption over hanging chads and absentee ballots any day.

As far as American idol, etc.. There is NO limit to the voting EXCEPT "Time" as in:you have 2 hours to vote as many times as you wish - don't compare that to secure banking, you are seriously talking apples and oranges.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
No, I am seriously not. 

the point wasn't in regard to how many times you can vote, the point is that people are not voting for the best candidate.  they are voting based on what their "party" or social camp tells them.

Most people who watch the show, my wife included, can see Palin is not the best dancer out there.  technically speaking, she is not the better person to be standing at the end of the day.  but because of the push of "vote for our guy!" (or gal in this case)  It's become, as is typical in any election, an "us or them" situation.  The people voting couldn't care less who the better dancer is.  They just want "their" dancer to win.  period.

same thing with political voting.

People don't care about who the best candidate is, they vote for their party guy.  Dems say vote for this guy and their people do.  Reps say vote for that guy and their people do.

doesn't matter if the guy is a crook or a swindler or even an honest person.  it's about being the party guy.

They get their community "vehicles" out using whatever "tools" necessary, ACORN, The internet social networking sites, whatever is accessible to not get the best person elected, but to get their person elected.

I was just using "Dancing" as a microcosm of this situation. and it bears fruit.

ad you missed the part of when I said the encryption on the data collection sites is good enough (though could be better), it's the data storage that is insecure.  Those collected votes don't sit and stay on the website server you know.  They go to those government computers that are hacked and re-directed every day.

both the hanging chads and redirected data have the same thing in common.  it's human error and involvement  (or lack of) that is the problem, not the technical things.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:16 am »
We are not as far thinking different here as you might think. The truth is that no matter what system of delivery, the candidate that the people want to get it, no matter how poorly qualified, will get in - spamming the airways with negative ads are said to be "people biggest complaint" year after year, but they never stop, because they work. People secretly like hearing rich people's dirty laundry aired.

Many negative ad commercials don't even (directly) come from the candidate that is supported - it's all about the guy who is running who secretly has a dog-fight ring in his abortion clinic that commercials are about. Then at the end "This message brought to you by Citizens for a smarter community" or some other cover name.

I remember CBS bringing a Florida ballot to the show where they used an electron microscope looking for hanging chads. They were very serious, trying find the slightest dimple in order to show INTENT of a vote. If the zoomed in any further, the string theory itself would have cast and recast its vote as you "thought" of the different candidates names - ridiculous.

As long as there is voting, there will be fraud or corruption in the tally end. I image the accessible fail rate in accuracy is as high as 10 percent when combining all voting methods across the land? That right there will hot dogs being allowed to have up to 2 teaspoons of rat dropping per pack, and it is still labeled safe. I  still think a single Universally accepted method of voting (one which doesn't involve dipping your finger in purple ink when you are done) is how we need to eventually go. Make it as secure and foolproof as possible (I know an impossible feat) but go with the results. It is better than having 10 different voting methods, all with reported fraud.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:05 pm »
If the zoomed in any further, the string theory itself would have cast and recast its vote as you "thought" of the different candidates names - ridiculous.

that is funny. :lol: